Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Used car suggestions for a poor man!!

• 06-08-2009 10:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I've been reading up on the boards and I've done my searches, but I'd still like recommendations on a newish car. I've driven the same car (bar the odd company car) since I started driving (almost 6 years now), a '97 Punto SX (the sx really makes it teh sex:pac:).

Anyhoo, I've decided to treat myself to a newer, better, less embarrassing car. So basically, you can suggest anything, however there are some prerequisites. It has to be the polar opposite to a 97 Punto. So, it has to be big, powerful and comfortable, as well as aesthetically pleasing. Preferably something well built that won't fold in half in a crash. It would also be nice to have some added luxuries such as air con/ABS/dual air bags etc.

I've obviously thought of the usual Golf/3 series BMW, but it seems every fúcker drives either one of these, I've thought about an AR 147, but apparently can be expensive to keep on the road!

Anyway, all suggestions are welcome! I have absolutely no clue about cars by the way! Just so you know.

Budget? €3000
    Age: I'll be 26 when I buy so insurance shouldn't be too much of a problem!

Cheers!

Comments

Advertisement