Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need advise on shooting in poland

Options
  • 06-08-2009 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

was looking for advise on shooting there on my girlfriends dads land theres some wild bore and deer on it how would i go about getting an import license and stuff to do it any help is much appreciated cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Not to denigrate the great breadth and depth of experience of the average boards.ie poster, but maybe asking about polish import licences on an irish shooting forum isn't going to be the most results-oriented approach?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I'm pretty sure there would be lads on PigeonWatch or the ArigunBBS that would have gone to Poland shooting, could be worth asking on there? Wouldn't help with the Irish side of things but might do with the Polish, worth a try anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

i got in contact with the irish embassey in poland all i need is a letter from her dad and the european fire arms permit do i go to my local station to apply for it do ye no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

daithi55 wrote: »
    i got in contact with the irish embassey in poland all i need is a letter from her dad and the european fire arms permit do i go to my local station to apply for it do ye no

yep!..local garda barracks;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Where in poland are you shooting daithi?

• Advertisement

thats the stuff at least every thing isnts held up as the new license

im shooting in southern poland near sienawa outside rzeszow

its sick how much wildlife is there and no one shoots if you look online they make it sound very privateised like you need an invitation but contacted the irish embassey in poland and they dug around and found the answers all i needed was an invitation from her dad and a european fire arms pass so when i go again i cant wait

thats the stuff at least every thing isnts held up as the new license

im shooting in southern poland near sienawa outside rzeszow

its sick how much wildlife is there and no one shoots if you look online they make it sound very privateised like you need an invitation but contacted the irish embassey in poland and they dug around and found the answers all i needed was an invitation from her dad and a european fire arms pass so when i go again i cant wait

Yea i know it, right down the bottom. Go any further and your in czech:-):) thats all mountain isnt it? There wild goats there too.
    Iv have shooting outside Lodz and wrocaw, i havn gone yet though. Cant wait:)

no its not down as far as the mountains its all flat land with forests where shes from who owns the land you will be shooting on

no its not down as far as the mountains its all flat land with forests where shes from who owns the land you will be shooting on

Her grandfather family owns the land in Lodz and her mothers fella's family owns the land in the other place. One of them is the local ranger fella. Wolves are protected over there now aswel.

i wouldnt shoot a wolf anyway
    but im mad to get my hands on a boar :D there massive ya should see where they do be digging and stuff the tear up the whole place
    her dads friend is a ranger as well im supposed to go for a shot with him the next time i go
    there boar season is from september to march

• Advertisement

I wouldn shoot one either. Id love to get my hands on a boar though. Bit off yet but maybe next year or year after.

ya i might be heading in mid november il have to see what the story is with work if i do il pm ya a picture

Yea sure let me know what its like. Bit of a report:):)

Advertisement