Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andrei Arlovski Confesses Playing Russian Roulette

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I was there, the gun slipped from his temple, hit him on the chin and he was unconcious before he could pull the trigger!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I was there, the gun slipped from his temple, hit him on the chin and he was unconcious before he could pull the trigger!

Ive read a tonne of variations of this joke today and they still havent gotten old.

Quiet sad given UFC doesnt want him anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

So he cant take a punch but thinks he can take a bullet :confused:

Seriously it's kind of sad to hear, I've always quite liked him as a fighter, also disappointing to hear he still wants to box :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Dave Meltzer wrote in his news update yesterday.
    In a scary story, Andrei Arlovski admitted playing Russian roulette last night with a revolver with a single shell, and pulling the trigger. He was very depressed after his loss to Brett Rogers. I promise having dealt with a lot of fighters, between the amount of work going in, the crash of losing, combined with depression that can be caused by a combination of concussions and in many cases, steroid use, this is a harbinger of stories you will be reading about over the next 20 years.

Pretty grim stuff from someone who lost a great many number of friends young covering the Pro Wrestling business.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Jesus if that's true thats shocking... :eek:

Always liked his style and persona. He makes a better MMA fighter than a boxer but he'll probably make more money in boxing. Would love to see him against Klitschko although he would proably get destroyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Kazooie wrote: »
    Jesus if that's true thats shocking... :eek:

Always liked his style and persona. He makes a better MMA fighter than a boxer but he'll probably make more money in boxing. Would love to see him against Klitschko although he would proably get destroyed.

He's a nice Boxer but his chin means Boxing is not the right sport for him, Klitscho would KO him with a jab.

He'd have more chance of doing well in MMA, He could still come back to win titles and i'd still love to see him back in the UFC or even strikeforce, he's so talented that its a shame really that his chin is dodgy.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Advertisement