Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

richard and sayid

• 06-08-2009 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

sorry if this was asked before but in the episode ''theres no place like home'' part two sayid and keamy are having a scrap and evetually richard saves the day and shoots keamy but my question is why didint richard recognise sayid?they did briefly meet 30 years before didnt they??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

collei wrote: »
    sorry if this was asked before but in the episode ''theres no place like home'' part two sayid and keamy are having a scrap and evetually richard saves the day and shoots keamy but my question is why didint richard recognise sayid?they did briefly meet 30 years before didnt they??

Well the answer may be in your question, "briefly meet 30 years before". Would you recognise them?

But I think Richard keeps his cards fairly close to his chest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Well the real answer is probably that the writers hadn't got the time travel business planned at that time.

But Richard not recognising Sayid is the least of it. He met Locke in 1954 and even went to visit him as a child on Locke's suggestion. Hell, he and Jack even spoke about Locke in 1977. In fact, didn't Jack pretty much tell Hawking and co that he was from the future? So I guess we are meant to assume that Richard recognised all of them in 2004 but understood that those events were still in their future.

Remember that Ben was spying on the Swan hatch and had a full profile on all of them long before there was any interaction between Richard and the Losties. So it's not like that was first time Richard had seen Sayid since 1977. He would have known they were there and wouldn't have looked surprised to see them again.

Richard has turned out to be a much bigger figure in the mythology than he initially appeared to be.

Advertisement