Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debs date

• 06-08-2009 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

my debs is a month away and i've had my dress tailor made abroad (which actually worked out cheaper :D). it's haute couture and its a got a corset top with very delicate chiffon flowers on the bust and a floor length skirt. very fairytale princess and an autumn goldish brown colour. the only thing is, my date is worried about finding a tux that'll look ok with a brown dress.

i thought maybe if the waistcoat part was a light gold, but would that make him look like a waiter?
    any suggestions?

also, whats suppose to happen with the corsage and where do you get them?

cheers!
    xo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭superLeetive

I wouldn't be too worried about it if I was him.. a few of my friends had brown dresses for our debs and their dates had black suits and looked great. From what I can remember one of them had a gold waistcoat and another a cream waistcoat and gold tie.

Traditionally your date should organise the corsage and you shouldn't have to worry about, any good local florist will be able to make one up and a lot of the bigger suit shop chains like Black Tie in Dublin even stock a few standard corsages now but I'd buy it from a local florist as the ones from the suit shops general don't come with a ribbon or bracelet or anything to affix it to your wrist with.

Advertisement