Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shark Tank

Options
  • 06-08-2009 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

This starts Sunday in the US. Seems to be Dragons Den (with billionaires instead of millionares).

I know Dragons Den ran in the US (their version) for about two seasons, but I didn't think it was anything to do with Mark Burnett.

Shark Tank runs on ABC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

iMax wrote: »
    This starts Sunday in the US. Seems to be Dragons Den (with billionaires instead of millionares).

I know Dragons Den ran in the US (their version) for about two seasons, but I didn't think it was anything to do with Mark Burnett.

Shark Tank runs on ABC

I think your thinking of the Canadian version, I don't think there was a US version until now. Shark Tank is actually an official US version of the UK series according to Wiki.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I liked it alot. Its the same as Dragons Den, but different. The sharks all fairly likeable (apart from Kevin, who comes up with crass oneliners like "Don't cry about money, it doesn't cry for you" and "Don't insult money").

One thing I didn't like was the dumbing down for american audiences - there were subtitles for everything.....

Good show though.... how rough looking were those college foxes? Seriously, I think two of them were dudes. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Finally got around to watching it. Like it. As mentioned by Mr. E. The same but different. A lot more agressive I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

I like it also, looks like the format changes a little on the next show. Making it more like the Dragons Den the way they are sitting and not on a big podium with that huge desk in front.
    I like the way they will undercut each other, they ripped off the guy with the classroom music teaching aids i thought. But thats why they are millionaires

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Can you guys PM me where you're getting it, because I could barely find the first one & can't find the second at all

• Advertisement
Advertisement