Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who Do You Think You Are

• 07-08-2009 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

god kate humble keep it together

i find it peculiar how they walks towards the camera in the intro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The ending to the one with David Mitchell where his distant relative read out his great-great grandfather's will had me in stitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

boy i wouldn't want to cross kim catrall, she seemed more angry then her mother, was was being outraged on behalf of the women of this world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

In fairness what her grandad did was pretty outrageous. I think it clearly affected her having seen her mother and grandmother suffer. I don't blame her for being angry. I thought the pictures were very poignant. The poor sisters:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

that group photograph of the family where the grandfather was peeking out the window was freaky - like something out of a horror movie!

Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

I felt so sorry for those women, God love them. But at least now they know. Probably one of the most interesting ones I've seen, she only focused on her Grandad but it was a pretty important issue to get to the bottom of. Morgan Freeman next week!

Does anyone know if there's anywhere I could watch the series online? I missed the Davina McCaul one. Surfthechannel have it but you have to be in the UK to watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

+1 i'd love to see Chris Moyle's programme...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Kim could definitely do with another programme to explore the rest of her family. As Corb said her Grandfather's story was a pretty important issue for her family. They had a horrendous life after he left them. I thought she was quite constrained considering what she uncovered. I thought her close relationship with her Mother and Aunts really came across. The photo at the window was seriously freaky. I missed the Chris Moyle episode, I'm sure it will be repeated at some stage. Looking forward to Morgan Freeman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

The Chris Moyles one was excellent but too short, would have liked to see more as it was very interesting whereas the D. Mc.Call one and the one last night were a bit crap tbh.....Thought Mc Call was really trying to bring on the tears...as for last night, if i found out my grandfather was a bigamist , dont believe it would bother me as much as it seemed to annoy her...:rolleyes: just remembered she's an actress..:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The ending to the one with David Mitchell where his distant relative read out his great-great grandfather's will had me in stitches.
    When the guy started reading the piece and was thinking whoah buddy, he's capable of reading it himself, Chris Moyles was last week! But once he got into it he was hilarious.

as for last night, if i found out my grandfather was a bigamist , dont believe it would bother me as much as it seemed to annoy her...:rolleyes: just remembered she's an actress..:o
    I'd say that the fact that she clearly overacting covered up the possibility that she was genuinely upset. I'd say she was just annoyed about what her grandfather put her mother and aunties through. Bleedin chancer not changing his name though.

I'd also like to add that I'm looking forward to Morgan Freeman next week. Can't wait to see his face when he's told that his parents are in fact white, middleclass and from England, and not from Memphis Tennessee.

some news on the next RTE series of WDYTYA -

RTÉ’s second series of Who Do You Think You Are? takes six well-known Irish people on some incredible journeys through their own family history. Ryan Tubridy’s journey starts in Connemara and ends at the gates of Windsor Castle; actress Fionnula Flanagan retraces her father’s experiences in the Spanish Civil War; Ivan Yates uncovers generations of risk-taking ancestors in flour-milling, whiskey distilling and one of the greatest inventions of the modern world; Diarmuid Gavin digs up his roots in ship-building, and opera; model Rosanna Davison follows her de Burgh pedigree all the way back to the Norman Invasion; and actor Simon Delaney finds family in Missouri, Meath and a place that is almost Hollywood.

no date mentioned - but I guess maybe September

p.s. I think it's Martin Freeman on BBC next week.. not Morgan :)

Shane

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

shanew wrote: »
    p.s. I think it's Martin Freeman on BBC next week.. not Morgan :)

Shane
    Ya it is Martin! lol!

The Irish one sounds sh!t like the last one.... well the Pamela flood one was good...

Yeah its MARTIN Freeman, not Morgan

This Dude: freeman.jpg

actually Morgan Freeman might be an interesting subject ... I wonder if there are any plans for him to do the US version ?

I saw something about Sarah Jessica Parker and Susan Sarandon being involved ... I heard that it is due to shown on BBC later this year

Shane

oh??

interesting!!

rte have removed the first season from their website I wonder why i'd like to look into the SOURCE of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

RTE remove a lot of old shows from their website...

Just got around to seeing the David Mitchell one. God he's very unlikeable! Probably the worst episode I've seen. Looking forward to tonight.

Anyone find a link to watch them online yet no?

Corb wrote: »
    RTE remove a lot of old shows from their website...

bu i wonder why is it part of their CODE

What did ye all think about Martin Freeman last night??

That was the last one in the series.

it was good episode - plenty of research and certs!

I'd love to know why his g-grandfather(?) left employment in that church.. sounds like some sort of scandal. I'd be following that one up if he was one my ancestors.

Shane

yeah i wished he'd of found that out cos it sounded juicy...

either that or the church kicked him out cos he kicked a cat or something?!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

dlambirl wrote: »
    What did ye all think about Martin Freeman last night??

That was the last one in the series.

I thought it was a bit meh. Wish they'd gone back further or did his mother's side of the family. Having said that, I learned a lot about syphilis :eek: Having said that, he seems like a decent bloke. David Mitchell wasn't particularly likeable the other week though I did love that will at the end. The biggest surprise of the season was Chris Moyles who came across better than I thought. I've yet to get to the end of the Kate Humble episode - it could be hurtling towards the recycle bin very soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Kate Humble had some very interesting grandfathers but she was a bit too weepy for my liking.

I didn't see the Martin Freeman one or the Kim Cattral one.

Advertisement