Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does a forum proposal rejection mean it wouldn't be accepted in Hosted?

Options
  • 07-08-2009 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭

In relation to this, those good-for-nothin' pen-pushing admin types think it wouldn't keep ticking over.

Does this preclude it from being set up as a Hosted forum?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

If the request gets denied then yes it would apply to hosted also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Is that a general rule or specific to the forum we're talking about?

Yes it is.
    If you request a forum and the consensus between the admins is no, then coming back and asking for it to be hosted is going to get the same answer.

I'm sorry but what are you trying to get at here?

Initially I was asking what the chances are of it being made if I requested it in Hosted. I got that answer, thank you.

Your answer got me wondering, seeing as I have seen forums rejected from "normal Boards" and permitted in Hosted, if that's now a general rule.

Its not a decision one admin makes really as we do vote on all forums, hosted or normal, private or public.
    Given the nature of the forum request it was seen as a novelty based on whats all around boards and you know boards is big :)

Whatever about previous forums set up, again decisions were made by a vote and the result is if the forum is to be made or not.

• Advertisement

Alrighty, thank you.

</thread>

Advertisement