Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery troubles

Options
  • 07-08-2009 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

Anyone ever have trouble with CA M4 Batteries mine went everything looks normal but it could be a fuse or something else anyone got any info this is driving me mad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Have you actually checked the fuse? Describe the problem exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MKIII

Sorted it out today.I went and got some tin foil put it around the fuse.Put it back in.It fired perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Yeah..., get rid of that before you start a fire. Seriously. There is so much wrong with tin foil wrapping the fuse I could exceed the character limit explaining it.

Get the rating off the fuse, go into a Maplin and pick up the correct replacement fuse for it. Get time-delay instead of fast blow (the motor has a high spike load). So if you're fuse says F20A, get a 20A time delay (A/S20A). They're about €3 for a pack of ten and they have the added bonus of not starting a fire if/when it overloads again.

Remember, fuses don't blow for no reason. Replace the fuse with another fuse and if it happens again you'll know for sure you have an electrical fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MKIII

Thanks you just saved me from buying a new AEG :D

Advertisement