Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours

Options
  • 07-08-2009 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

moved into rented apartment about six months ago now and after about a month or so i recieved a letter from the management company about a noise complaint, i rang them to find out what this was about and they said they couldnt give us anymore information as this was all private and confidential. i sent a strong e-mail stating this letter was bullsh*t there was no noise being made by us but recieved no reply! a few weeks later the landlord rang me sh had recieved a letter from the management company too, i told her the same thing and heard nothing until a few weeks ago. im fuming at this stage i have it pinned down to being next door because they are the only ones near us that own there apartment and there constantly giving us filthy looks everytime they see us! cannot understand why they cant just call to my door and say what there problem is perhaps we could sit down and sort the so called problem out??

has anyone been in a simular situation?? or does anyone know of i can indeed push this matter under the freedom of information act??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Where is your apartment compared to others? Are there apartments to the side, top or bottom of yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

do you really care ? If its not you dont worry about it.

take letter, rip up, put it in the recycle bin. end of story

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

blondie7 wrote: »
    moved into rented apartment about six months ago now and after about a month or so i recieved a letter from the management company about a noise complaint, i rang them to find out what this was about and they said they couldnt give us anymore information as this was all private and confidential. i sent a strong e-mail stating this letter was bullsh*t there was no noise being made by us but recieved no reply! a few weeks later the landlord rang me sh had recieved a letter from the management company too, i told her the same thing and heard nothing until a few weeks ago. im fuming at this stage i have it pinned down to being next door because they are the only ones near us that own there apartment and there constantly giving us filthy looks everytime they see us! cannot understand why they cant just call to my door and say what there problem is perhaps we could sit down and sort the so called problem out??

has anyone been in a simular situation?? or does anyone know of i can indeed push this matter under the freedom of information act??

Freedom of Information is only for getting info from State bodies and the Govt so that's a non-runner.

Have you asked why the type of noise is? Is it TV too loud? Is it shouting? Is it the floorboards? Is it loud music? They should tell you that. What were the dates and times that you were "loud" - if there's no specifics such as them then how can there be a complaint?

You might also ask what specific rule you have been breaking and is there any proof?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

were on the bottom floor there apartments but everyone has there own door externally if you get me? there meant to be nice and private! as i type this im fuming new neighbours are after moving into the apartment to the left upstairs and there constantly having house parties, was woken by them at 7 this morning having a row outside the apartment i went out and asked them to be quite, they then made threats to rape my cat and to smash up my car. i rang the garda station, although these are probably empty threats im afraid in my own home, i dont care about the car but the cat hasnt done anything wrong. im fuming over this i pay nearly a €1000 month on rent to live in a nice apartment and then some stupid landlord lets his out to a group of scum that claim the dole and drink all day long. has anyone had anything like this happen and what was the outcome of it??

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

blondie7 wrote: »
    has anyone had anything like this happen and what was the outcome of it??
    Most people end up moving to a non-apartment complex. Ground floor apartments are also usually the cheapest due to the above mentioned sh|t.

• Advertisement
Advertisement