Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would this work?

Options
  • 07-08-2009 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

This might be slightly off topic. Just want to see if anyone here know if this would work.

Lost a good bit of money online today stupidly and need money for the weekend. I had 400 euro in my account and deposited it all into my paddy power account so my bank balance is now zero or is it????.

It takes 3 days for those transactions to show up on your BANK STATEMENT. If I went to the atm now I know i wouldnt be able to withdraw money from it and if I checked my balance on the atm then it would say balance zero. Heres the question I am asking. Because it takes 3 days for those transactions to show up on your bank statement Would I be able to go into the bank and withdraw 400 euro?? I think this could be possible because when one of the staff from the bank look at my account they will see that it says +400 euro because my online transactions wont be shown on their system yet.

What ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fcleere

if you have a laser card you should be able to overdraw it by gettin cashback!worked for me before

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

You have a problem. Welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭brave inca

fcleere wrote: »
    if you have a laser card you should be able to overdraw it by gettin cashback!worked for me before

Ye that is what I was thinking. When you say cashback do you mean going into the bank and withdrawing cash from the counter?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I will lend you 400 to go drinking for the weekend for 25% juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

It very much depends, do you want to steal from paddypower or your bank?

• Advertisement

It very much depends, do you want to steal from paddypower or your bank?

Paddy Power would get paid the money no matter what. If I withdrew the extra 400 euro my account should go to -400 meaning I owe the bank 400 euro. When my wages come into my account then the 400 quid will be taken from me.

So lads will this work?????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

I would do nothing and I mean nothing. I would sit all weekend at home in the dark and reflect on making an unbelievable stupid mistake whereby I took ALL the money I had and gambooled it away.

I would also think of what I was missing out on that weekend, pints with the lads, watching the football on tv, chatting up a really hot chick and then I would do something, I would punch myself in the face repeatedly. I would do this in the hope that the next time I got the cerebal idea of playing with the case money, the awful pain of being repeartedly punched in the face would come flooding back and I would resist the urge to do so.

mdwexford wrote: »

Money issues, so what? What type of nerd goes through peoples posts anyway?

I was asking a quwstion about the thread topic not about my life.

Muppet!

Ha touch a nerve did i, your original post was so stupid i decided to check if you were trolling, my mistake, it seems you are actually as stupid as you seem in the OP.

gl with that.

• Advertisement

Here can someone who doesnt judge my life let me know if this is possible to do?

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭maloney333

To be fair i thought he was a troll, gambling problems are not funny, i wouldnt advise playing poker if you cant afford to though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

I definitely recognised the screen name from the thread where he wanted a bank loan to go on holiday.

I know nothing about banking systems but just intuiting wouldn't the teller be looking at the same information as the ATM would?

Also we ask these type of questions in the BBV thread at the top, starting threads for non-poker questions is likely to get the kind of replies you are getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭The C Kid

During my degen sports betting stage, I can confirm this does work.

You can run up way over your overdraft if you want and know how to do it. Think my record was like 2.5k over my overdraft. Obviously they cop on quick enough, and send you letters about abusing your laser card transactions, and how they will have to stop offering you the laser service. I used to have multiple current accounts so always had one or two ready to go if ever stuck.

I'm embarrassed I know this, and even more embarrassed that there are also ATM's you can use to take out more than your account balance. Me and my ex-flatmate had no fear doing a couple of grand on a Saturday afternoon, as you could always get out a couple of hundred for the night out from a "magic" pass machine as we used to call it.

Sad times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

back in my very degenerate 1980s I often used to withdraw my wages in the bank then go straight to the ATM and get m again, there was about a ten minute window. obv a phone call would come from personal or the bank manager, an agreement would be made to add the money to existing loan. Might do it again the next week depending how stuck I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

when you ring 24hr banking they know the exact balance so the teller would aswell.I had to ring last week over a deposit and they knew everything even tho it didnt show up on the statement online.
    It might work if you try and get cash back straight away but I doubt it as I used to work in a shop and never let me overdraw even when I charged online.

.for some reason a friend of mine laser card lets him withdraw 100 into a overdraft on cashback only not atm he is with bank of ireland as well.Why not deposit to boyles 1 hand of blackjack and if you win withdraw from the shop.

or do you not have the stones!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I know the thread will be closed soon but I gave it 5 stars.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

i wouldnt go into the bank for it anyway. Ask a mate or relative for a loan.

seek ga to.

nicnicnic wrote: »
    back in my very degenerate 1980s I often used to withdraw my wages in the bank then go straight to the ATM and get m again, there was about a ten minute window. obv a phone call would come from personal or the bank manager, an agreement would be made to add the money to existing loan. Might do it again the next week depending how stuck I was.

Mate of mine used to do something similar, he'd go to Bank Of Ireland ATM and withdraw his wages, 300 quid or somethin, then sprint down the road and withdraw it again from Irish Permanent ATM, he'd live like a king for that week and then of course next week they take the money straight back so no wages and he'd be fcukin broke, i never understood the logic.

• Advertisement

Mate of mine used to do something similar, he'd go to Bank Of Ireland ATM and withdraw his wages, 300 quid or somethin, then sprint down the road and withdraw it again from Irish Permanent ATM, he'd live like a king for that week and then of course next week they take the money straight back so no wages and he'd be fcukin broke, i never understood the logic.

Are you absolutely, positively sure that he lived like an actual king on the 300 quid extra. I guess you're from Wexford though so living like a king probably meant drinking brand name liquor, twice as many batter burgers, and a second go on McGintey's learning disabled daughter round the back of the barn.

hotspur wrote: »
    Are you absolutely, positively sure that he lived like an actual king on the 300 quid extra. I guess you're from Wexford though so living like a king probably meant drinking brand name liquor, twice as many batter burgers, and a second go on McGintey's learning disabled daughter round the back of the barn.

haha smart arse we were 17-18 at the time, 600 Punts back in those days could buy you tons of stuff.....;)

Plus im from Dublin, i just live in Wexford so :p

Plus im from Dublin, i just live in Wexford so :p

How is that a :P and not a FML I run worse than Brave Inca :(:(:( ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

brave inca wrote: »
    This might be slightly off topic. Just want to see if anyone here know if this would work.

Lost a good bit of money online today stupidly and need money for the weekend. I had 400 euro in my account and deposited it all into my paddy power account so my bank balance is now zero or is it????.

It takes 3 days for those transactions to show up on your BANK STATEMENT. If I went to the atm now I know i wouldnt be able to withdraw money from it and if I checked my balance on the atm then it would say balance zero. Heres the question I am asking. Because it takes 3 days for those transactions to show up on your bank statement Would I be able to go into the bank and withdraw 400 euro?? I think this could be possible because when one of the staff from the bank look at my account they will see that it says +400 euro because my online transactions wont be shown on their system yet.

What ye think?

The answer is NO, if you can't withdraw at the ATM you have no chance of withdrawing in the bank.

I remember back in the day I had my 5p post office savings stamp books and about 6 quid saved due to curly wurly and cola pops abstinance over a few months period, I was saving for a skateboard, when the day had arrived I was grinning like a cheshire cat (with my new sparkling smile) walking around to withdraw me dough. When I got there my heart sank, I realised the pages of completed 5p stamps were removed and all i had were saving books covers which were worthless in the market of the time, probably collectors item value now. I was devastated . That was the day I lost my innocence, I spent the next few months thinking of ways to get back at the world, I would steal from orchards, thump one particular brother whenever he was asleep and punch him again when he was awake, until finally I did it, I stole a skateboard, I walked into the shop and used the skateboard as my mode of escape. I of course was captured when a possie of an ol wan and the shop keeper caught up with me, I foolishly underestimated the degree of difficulty in using a skateboard for the 1st time. I had no curly wurlys or cola bottles for quite a while after that. Why do I tell you this story ? well maybe there is a moral in it. Crime doesn't pay ? Think about the consequences of your actions ? No, what I'm really trying to say is, if you are ever stealing a skateboard, put it under your arm and run unless you are already an acomplished Skateboarder.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Icarus152

tsb_227783t.jpg

+

grouchospecs.jpg

+

14%20ton%20excvator.jpg

+

propeller-skateboard.jpg

=

070322money.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Tell one of your best mates that your laser card was stolen and you need 400 for a day or two. Get the 400, stick it on black on the roulette wheel. If it comes up, happy days, you're back in the groove.

If not, tell another mate the same story, but this time you need 800 for a day or two. Make sure he/she isn't too close to first friend. Get the money, stick it on black again.

Rinse and repeat until black comes up. I mean what are the chances that it won't come up ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Icarus152 wrote: »

+

+

propeller-skateboard.jpg

:D:D

Right lads it worked. Went into the bank and withdrew the 400 quid. I asked the staff memeber in the bank how much I had in my account before I withdrew trhe cash he told me i had 400 euro. The online transactions obviously didnt show up on their system yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

brave inca wrote: »
    Right lads it worked. Went into the bank and withdrew the 400 quid. I asked the staff memeber in the bank how much I had in my account before I withdrew trhe cash he told me i had 400 euro. The online transactions obviously didnt show up on their system yet!

Well done dude! You fcuked the system :D

• Advertisement

bantee wrote: »
    Well done dude! You fcuked the system :D

Those ****ers have robbed the whole of Ireland. Nothing more than they deserve and Ill do it again!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement