Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool company I came across looking to hire developers & other

Options
  • 07-08-2009 3:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Discovered these guys a little while ago and I reckon it'd be a great place to work so if any of you guys are looking for IT or other (finance, PR, etc.) work at the mo, might be worth while checking them out.

I'm familiar with the work of some of the guys there and know they will have a really strong team and work in a dynamic, fun, energetic and very progressive way. They're big into letting competant developers experiment with the latest technologies and discovering new and better ways of problem solving.

Think they are a company worth looking out for so just thought I'd drop the recommendation on here. No harm anyway. If I wasn't in New Zealand I'd be scoping them out.

http://www.weedle.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

THIS SCREAMS SCAM.

1. WHOIS record is hidden from finding out who actually registered the site. Companies don't normally do this.

2. Block 9 of Blackrock business park is currently up for sale (record updated yesterday) for around 3 million. If I was pushed I could ring the owner and confirm it.
    http://www.daft.ie/searchcommercial.daft?search=1&selected_agent=&fb=&id=49150&s%5Bagent_id%5D=6470&s%5Bp%5D=spvvwwqu

3. The website is dire. Some obvious things that make it very suspect.
    - They don't actually say what they do. Actually the Job placement details says more about the company then the whole website.
    - They keep harping on about wanting people for jobs then the product.
    - No contact information except the physical office and email addresses to that domain.
    - When you have a position filled you don't say it on your website. Looks like 4 people in the company.
    - Job descriptions look off.

4.One of the job descriptions talks about looking after shareholders. This would mean it is a company. Under Irish law a company is required to have the following detailed on emails and website or face fines.

- Company Registration Name
    - Registration Office
    - Company Registration Number

Also if you don't work for the company, why are you posting the job advertisements for them? It may well be a legit company but it looks very much like some kind of scam or kids setting up their first start up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Thats like the crowd rival marketing that i had an interview with what a joke:rolleyes: selling bloody sky subscriptions

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Utter tripe.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement