Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oulook 2007 wont start

• 07-08-2009 7:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭

I had a problem with my XP Pro machine where it froze and had to shut the machine down. I had a few apps open incl Outlook.

When I got back in late last night I booted the machine as normal and everything is ok except for Outlook. I click on it to start and it seems to go the process for a moment or two and then it shuts down and gives me a message of 'Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook Window'.

No idea what this means (other than the obvious of not starting) and I am getting somewhat pissed that I can't get the programme to work. I have tried the Diagnostics and it came up clear, I tried to repair it and it comes up saying successful all the time but alas nothing. One thing did happen when I tried was it said that there was a dat file that was still either open or running and to go to that file and right click the folder in which it was in to allow access but I couldn't find the file in the directory it gave when I did a general search.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

try this http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA100758311033.aspx

Also maybe try and create a new profile and see if it loads, see here http://outlook-tips.net/howto/profile.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Thanks for that Calex

!st link is no use to me as that wants to repair a pst file which isnt the issue here as far as I can see, its the extend.dat file that is the problem.

I am going to give the 2nd one a bash to see about at least getting emails as sending emails from mu iPhone isnt very professional looking. One question I do have on that is, where do I find the pst files that it says to look for??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Thanks for that Calex

!st link is no use to me as that wants to repair a pst file which isnt the issue here as far as I can see, its the extend.dat file that is the problem.

I am going to give the 2nd one a bash to see about at least getting emails as sending emails from mu iPhone isnt very professional looking. One question I do have on that is, where do I find the pst files that it says to look for??

try renaming that .dat to .old , worst that can happen is that it doesnt fix it and you change it back. Would have told you to do that 1st had i known that was the file in question :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

calex71 wrote: »
    try renaming that .dat to .old , worst that can happen is that it doesnt fix it and you change it back. Would have told you to do that 1st had i known that was the file in question :)

No probs & thanks for the info.

Oh and I didn't tell you it was that file in the first place because I didn't know when I originally posted

Advertisement