Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Jet

• 07-08-2009 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Any opinion on this phone? Does anyone know if it will be available on 3 anytime soon?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

I've been looking at it myself. Might end up going the Sim Free route.

Vodafone have it for €389/€369 PAYG. Someone on the O2 forum said they were going to have it in the first week of August but nothing has come up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Eoinconway

Carphone Warehouse is now advertising the Jet on all networks for BillPay, only Vodafone for PAYG.

However, they only have the "from €XXX" prices, and the phone isn't in stock in any outlets yet, and they wont have full price info (prices for lower tariffs) until it comes into stock. One store estimated it'd be in stock onthe networks from next week, another estimated the end of the month.

I dunno what the point was of telling before that it'd be available on August 1st.... All that happened on the 1st is that they started advertising it seems.

If anyone has received more info than this from Carphone Warehouse, please share!

Cheers,
    Eoin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

bluesfan wrote: »
    Any opinion on this phone? Does anyone know if it will be available on 3 anytime soon?

Samsung Jet will be out on 3 within the next two weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

It's out on O2 now, looks pretty sweet although know it's a small thing but hate the back cover, it looks horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

Walkman wrote: »
    Samsung Jet will be out on 3 within the next two weeks.

Do you know if it will it be on 3pay or only pay monthly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

My boyfriend got one about 3 weeks ago on Vodafone. Its pretty slick and has some nice features but doesnt come with the back up support like the iPhone has, you know with all the applications and games and all that, (but maybe thats just Vodafone?). Anyway, If I can use it so can your granny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

bluesfan wrote: »
    Do you know if it will it be on 3pay or only pay monthly?

Both but I dont know price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

After trying Samsungs I just could not get used to it's userface. Nice specs on the phone and cool ad for it all the same (random fact - It was directed by the guy who made Series 1-2 of Skins)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Still nothing on any of the sites yet. Nothing on O2, 3 or Carphone.

Guess ill have to wait another week or two for prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Still nothing on any of the sites yet. Nothing on O2, 3 or Carphone.

Guess ill have to wait another week or two for prices
    I think it's between 249 and 299 on O2 post pay, sorry it's sunday morning and I'm definitely not in work today so don't have the prices to hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Thiniking of this phone instead of Nokia E71 now. Just wondering if Meteor will have it in stock? Cant see it on website but its in the carphonewarehouse mag.... Look a deadly piece of equipment...

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

It's on the 3 website now for €389, same price as the lg renoir. Thought it might have been cheaper. If I was going to pay that I might get the renoir instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

I tested this phone a few months ago, I work for a company that has ties with Samsung.
    Its actually a nice phone to use, even compared to other Samsungs.
    Also, I'm testing a few right now for th eXmas market and they are damn nice..... DAMN NICE

HB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

does anyone know where or how to unlock this? I might get one since my dads on vodafone and he's due and upgrade but doesnt want to get a new phone,would save me a load of money

• Registered Users Posts: 47 summer_chic

I'm due an upgrade on meteor in the next couple of weeks, and was temporarily swayed by the Iphone & a port to 02 but have decided against it, as I'm very happy with metor as a provider... was thinking about the jet, buy have seen the Omnia on several websites.. not sure if its worth waiting for that to arrive, and come down in price a little too.. I love Samsung, but my last phone was a Samsung Soul which my partner is now using, and I wasn't too happy with it.. any information on either would be gratefully recieved as I'm sick of the one I have now..

Advertisement