Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday House for 1 week near/in Galway

Options
  • 07-08-2009 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am looking for a house for 2 adults and 2 children from August the 29th until Sunday the 6th of September. My sister is visiting and is looking for self catering rather then a hotel.

Somewhere close to the centre would be ideal - Salthill, Knocknacarra, Shantalla, Renmore, Barna, Newcastle......I think any of those areas would be fine….

Parking would be needed and I guess somewhere not too noisy - as in not apartments rented to hen parties!!

It is proving really difficult to find somewhere and any ideas of where to look would be really appreciated.
    I have tried some of the property agencies for her but they are mainly long term rentals.
    There is a load of student village accommodation but they won’t rent for September…hmmmm

Thanks….
    :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

There's a classifieds section in the galway advertiser 'Holiday acc'
    Daft.ie has a 'short-term' section
    the Buy&Sell also has holiday rentals

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can also look in the Accommodation forum under Soc but what snubbleste is usually best bet.
    Also http://www.donegancourt.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Thanks to both of you...

Daft was the best option and going to see a house for them tomorrow - yeah :)

Rang tonnes of places but most have students from the 1st week in September :(

Thanks again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

did you get a place?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

hey there,
    I sure did, thanks.

To be honest it is not great but it has enough room for them and it has parking so I am just hoping they will over look the sad, unloved look of the place!

It is amazing how people rent out places that really need to be updated. It is not a student rental but a ''holiday home'' but I don't think the landlords could be bothered improving it.

I was amazed how hard it was to get somewhere..

Now I am just really looking forward to their arrival :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

not to worry, know of a good spot in galway suburbs that is for holiday rental, didnt see your message on the boards as was away for a bit.
    sure next time let me know.

hope it all works out.

Advertisement