Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Natal and Windows

Options
  • 07-08-2009 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if Microsofts up and coming Project Natal for the x-box will be available to use with Windows? And more importantly, if it is are there any manufacturers making natal compatible games for it?

Dont own an x-box and have no desire to, im a PC gamer at heart and possibly a bit too stubborn about it to try the new consoles!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,691 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

There's no official plans for natal on PC, but it will happen eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Find out more about it here. [Link] :)

I honestly don't see how the games I like playing on the PC (or console) are going to work using Natal. How can we move around, strafe, jump and shoot? What if we want to do all this at the same time? I'm sure things could get even more complicated when it comes to managing inventories on the fly and whatnot.

.... and what if I need to scratch my nose while playing, say, a driving title? Am I going to end up in a tyre wall?

It all sounds very tiring unless they come up with a way of streamlining the experiences. Then the question is, can they do it without reducing things to a point where it feels like "*insert title* For Babies".

It sounds like an awful lot of effort for would-be developers to put in something with, what I can only imagine will be, a limited install base. 'Limited' because it will fall on Microsoft to come out with some must-have software to get people to fork out for Natal. Other developers will play 'wait and see' until Microsoft can do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

Thats what im thinkin, and thats what i dont like about the wii. Everythings a baby title, cept for tomb raider anniversary!

They would have to add some buttons no the actual wand thingy so you could manage invertories on the fly or strafe while jumping etc, thats a big reason why i dont particularly like the whole idea of the motion sensing remotes. Its great for a golf or tennis game, but the games people play most, first person shooters or strategies or whatever, would be,and are, very cumbersome to control.

Natal could be good...if its done right. Lets hope it is!

They would have to add some buttons no the actual wand thingy so you could manage invertories on the fly or strafe while jumping etc, thats a big reason why i dont particularly like the whole idea of the motion sensing remotes.
    I don't think there is a wand thingy for Natal. Sony's new Playstation interface device consist of a wand or two, alright.

From what I've seen of it, Penumbra is a game that might suit the Natal. There's a version of Penumbra that's compatible with the Novint Falcon controller and that looks very interesting so I can imagine that studio developing a version for Natal.

Natal could be good...if its done right. Lets hope it is!

I don't share your optimism, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

We'll see all the same stuff that gets released on the Wii. I'll give it a miss.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

astrofool wrote: »
    There's no official plans for natal on PC, but it will happen eventually.

Bill gates seems to have a view on this

grizzly wrote: »
    We'll see all the same stuff that gets released on the Wii. I'll give it a miss.

Even most of that stuff isn't going to work on the PC. Successful motion-dependent Wii games are fun because of the communal experience; I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that PC gaming is a solitary experience - in a local sense, at least.

Advertisement