Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off To A Flyer!?

Options
  • 07-08-2009 9:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭

We all know that we belong in the elite of English football but we also all know that our current squad on paper doesn't match up to the Top 4.

However, Harry is a momentum manager, instills confidence into a team & with results comes belief & results above our current level. Thats why we need to get off to a flyer!!

There are reasons to be optimistic - It is a dead-cert that crouch will score against his former team, what price a famous victory over the scousers 1st up?! Then we have Hull & West Ham, both despatched comfortably in pre-season followed by a very winnable game home to Birmingham. Four on the spin would get the momentum going!

Optimistic? Maybe, but not exactly impossible!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I would love to get off to a good start. After starting the last two seasons so poorly, who knows what it could do to the team and our push for a top 6 place. It's definitely possible too as we have more or less the same core of players starting the season as ended it, plus a few additions. We've also played a much higher calibre of team (in name only perhaps, as the performances of West Ham and Hull weren't great) in this pre-season, and lost a few games, so here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

We all know that we belong in the elite of English football but we also all know that our current squad on paper doesn't match up to the Top 4.

However, Harry is a momentum manager, instills confidence into a team & with results comes belief & results above our current level. Thats why we need to get off to a flyer!!

There are reasons to be optimistic - It is a dead-cert that crouch will score against his former team, what price a famous victory over the scousers 1st up?! Then we have Hull & West Ham, both despatched comfortably in pre-season followed by a very winnable game home to Birmingham. Four on the spin would get the momentum going!

Optimistic? Maybe, but not exactly impossible!

would happily take 9 points from the 1st 4 games, our next 2 games are United (H) and Chelsea (A) so from the 1st 6 games 11-12 points would be a very satisfactory return.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    would happily take 9 points from the 1st 4 games, our next 2 games are United (H) and Chelsea (A) so from the 1st 6 games 11-12 points would be a very satisfactory return.

FFS...I'd take 7pts from the the first four games - i think we get too carried away thinking about top four etc........we're really not top four material yet...still...COYS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

ruiseal wrote: »
    FFS...I'd take 7pts from the the first four games - i think we get too carried away thinking about top four etc........we're really not top four material yet...still...COYS!
    The liklihood is we will get 7pts or worse! Just saying that the first 4 games are all definitely winnable - IF we did it, with IF being a big word, who knows where that momentum could take us?

Advertisement