Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair and Visa Electron

Options
  • 07-08-2009 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Apologies in advance if this has been covered before but i cant find a concise answer in the ryanair thread.

Living in Ireland what are my options if i want to get a visa electron card in order to avoid the ryanair credit card charges? Is the ryanair visa a visa electron? And is mbna my only option?

Also as my understanding is that the visa electron card is a debit card what is the annual government duty on one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭ronano

You cant get an electron card in ireland so ppl use entropay a virtual credit,you sign up select currency as sterling and transfer cash from your normal card to it. You can then select visa electron option on ryanair payment page and use the virtual card. You use entropay or entropay user as the name,. It is only viable for flights under 100 euro otherwise you're not making savings (could be wrong)

A guy on boards has this blog detaling more

http://stopmoaningaboutireland.blogspot.com/2009/07/blog-post.html?zx=d8ef499f0c2bf6be

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

As I recall you can also get it by opening up a Spanish bank account but obviously require a few more loops to jump through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 dennisc24

Halifax do Visa Electrons in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

dennisc24 wrote: »
    I dont think they do. I believe they do Visa Debit cards - not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Entropay, as someone has suggested earlier. I used it to book a flight......total cost return Edinburgh/Dublin £2:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Probably best suited to Banking & Insurance & pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Scottie99 wrote: »
    Entropay, as someone has suggested earlier. I used it to book a flight......total cost return Edinburgh/Dublin £2:D

+10p admin fee (4.95%)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I use Entropay.

It's usually fine but the site has been down on occasions of late. Most recently on Friday evening when I was trying to book a flight. Had to wait until Saturday but thankfully the price hadn't changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

dennisc24 wrote: »

They dont. Visa debit is totally different as axer mentioned.

Advertisement