Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male to Female ratio on the Park and Ride

Options
  • 07-08-2009 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed how nearly 90% of the people that use the park & ride are female?
    Is it just me or what?
    This morning there was 22 people on the ground floor of the bus and it was only myself and one other guy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.... I'd just like to know what the deal is with that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Something to do with guys preferring to drive themselves to work rather than using public transport?

And that there are probably far more women working in the city centre than men I would assume. Shops and restaraunts generally have more female staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Bill-e wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed how nearly 90% of the people that use the park & ride are female?
    Is it just me or what?
    This morning there was 22 people on the ground floor of the bus and it was only myself and one other guy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.... I'd just like to know what the deal is with that?

you obviously start work at 9
    most men start at 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

90% chicks and they will all get very, very freaked out if a randomer starts trying to chat them up

it must be worse than being a kid in a toyshop with no money

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Ah sure everyone know's it's only gay men that use Park and Ride, that's why it's called Park and RIDE. :D

No Homophobia intended just making a joke at the expense of the OP, please don't ban me.....please......please....................

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Sure, everyone knows women can't drive and prefer to be driven :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Ah sure everyone know's it's only gay men that use Park and Ride, that's why it's called Park and RIDE. :D

No Homophobia intended just making a joke at the expense of the OP, please don't ban me.....please......please....................
    Now that you mention it the other guy on the bus was quite the dandy...
    I only park there cause my car is too nice to leave around the docks and my company are to cheap to pay the 3 grand for an office parking spot :(
    Max001 wrote: »
    Sure, everyone knows women can't drive and prefer to be driven :D
    Ya that's why the spaces in the P&R are so wide. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Geog

Ratio doesn't surprise me. Have you ever seen the numbers of cars with young male drivers on their own, driving to UCC and CIT? Park and Ride is too far away from where they want to go .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I've noticed that too. I think a lot of it is people who work in Department Stores (particularly at make up counters from overheard conversations) and also noticed that girls carpooling park there more than fellas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

it's really hard for the little boy racers to add body kits to a double decker they don't even own! Oh, perish the thought:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pharmer

well they all hate city centre car parks because no woman can park a car. much easier on the p&r. having said that, i dunno how they managed to get round the kinsale road roundabout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

pharmer wrote: »
    well they all hate city centre car parks because no woman can park a car. much easier on the p&r. having said that, i dunno how they managed to get round the kinsale road roundabout

Close their eyes and hope for the best! I once had a girlfriend, who when she approached a tight gap or any other traumatic obstacle would point the car in what she hoped was the right direction, close her eyes and only open them when she thought she was through. Freaked the bejesus outta me, so I dumped her, lol. I'm all for doing wierd stuff with yr g'f in a moving automobile, but that sorta thing is completely outta order!

Advertisement