Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPTO 3 MONTHS PRIOR?

Options
  • 07-08-2009 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Recieved my Extension Letters which has been extended to 31/10/2009 and noticed that on second paragraph it says "upto 3 months Prior to the expirey date of this extension, if you wish a new application to be conciderd for your firearm, You must apply for firearm certificate in accordance with the provisions of section 3 of the firearms act 1925 as substituted" As far as i gather i should be submitting my new applications for my 3 rifles which have been Licenced for 7 years allready now? so i called into Local garda station and explained situation and was told by young gard no need to worry about application untill september? as they are not ready to deal with applications yet? Is this information correct as i doint want to loose my Licences on a technicality of applying after 3 month period? thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Up to 3 months prior means that you can't apply more than 3 months before the expiry.

I wouldn't leave it until September. The forms are up on the Garda website, so you can download them and start filling them in immediately. The only thing I would do is wait for the Garda guidelines which should help you fill the form in.

There's a huge amount of information on this board on various threads so I'd suggest you start reading. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

rrpc wrote: »
    Up to 3 months prior means that you can't apply more than 3 months before the expiry.

I wouldn't leave it until September. The forms are up on the Garda website, so you can download them and start filling them in immediately. The only thing I would do is wait for the Garda guidelines which should help you fill the form in.

There's a huge amount of information on this board on various threads so I'd suggest you start reading. ;)

Was bit concerned if i didnt make new applications by today that it would compromise my applications thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Have a look see >here<, lots of us in the same 31/10/09 boat, popular wisdom seems to be saying wait for all the guidelines to come out then apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

johngalway wrote: »
    Have a look see >here<, lots of us in the same 31/10/09 boat, popular wisdom seems to be saying wait for all the guidelines to come out then apply.

Thanks for Link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

feck it ,handed in my renewals to the garda today
    hopefully hear back from them soon,
    not taking any chances with delaying

• Advertisement
Advertisement