Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unqiue game graphic styles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Strange not to see Zelda wind waker, Viewtiful Joe or Madworld, but nice link!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

yeah and loco rocco? but atleast they have okami and my my katamari,
    this is unreal
    http://www.playfeist.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

13 for the ps2 was really out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Wait a minute.....
    Okami is often cited as a reference point for many designers (along with Ico and Shadow of the Colossus) and has a strong cel-shaded visual style combined with the use of natural brush strokes.
    That's all kinds of crazy; ICO and SoTC weren't cell shaded, were they? [Edit: I misread the text] :o

Many titles omitted from their list, but I fear they'll be chastised in future posts. :)

Also, no Jet Set Radio? Disgusting! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

They're saying Ico and SotC are often cited as a reference point. The cel shaded bit only refers to Okami.

Team Fortress 2 is probably note worthy for being highly stylised, but primarily for game design reasons rather than artistic ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

They're saying Ico and SotC are often cited as a reference point. The cel shaded bit only refers to Okami.

Ah, your right. I should have taken the time to actually read the text properly - instead, I put the "and" before the brackets. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I think Braid and Mirror's Edge are worthy mentions here.

Jet Set Radio should have got in there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

They missed too many greats, I don't know where to start.

Advertisement