Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scratched Disc

• 07-08-2009 11:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Bought a new game last week - haven't taken it out of the Xbox all week.

Was playing yesterday and the game kept freezing. Looked at the disc and a scratch the whole way around the outter ring of the disc.

It looks like the console scratched the disc....€50 bucks down the drain!

What can I do to prevent this happening again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Try bringing it to GAME... I think they fix scratched discs, depending on how deep the ring is, you could be lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

You should install games to the hard-drive if you have enough space. Then the games will run from HD, saving your lens and preventing scratches. Of course, you will still need the disk in the tray for security/piracy reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

If one of your mates has the same game as you then get a lend off him and save it to your hard drive then give it back to him and you will be able to play with the scratched disc once its saved too your hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 king egor

Same thing happened me, i managed to fix it by rubbing the mark with my finger for a few minutes and then installed it to the HD. Sounds silly but it worked for me, if that doesnt work you can always bring it into GAME like y2j said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

jamieh wrote: »
    Was playing yesterday and the game kept freezing. Looked at the disc and a scratch the whole way around the outter ring of the disc.

If its a light scratch, you should try loading on some silvo, let it dry and then lean hard on the disc with a soft cloth and wipe it off. Its fixed many a disc for me.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

This worked on a pc game for me,

Toothpaste!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygDtVOmq5RM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Ye the toothpaste trick works sometimes aswell, i tryed it on my gow disc and it didnt work tho :(

Advertisement