Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RMA - Ankermann PC!!!

Options
  • 07-08-2009 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with Ankermann recently? www.ankermann-pc.com

Long story short, bought pc from them in September 2007, major hardware problems since then (had to send the machine back after about 1 month) - now having more problems. Warranty runs out in September 2009. Have tried to contact them for an RMA, no response so far. Even phoned and no answer on sales and services numbers.

Anyone deal with them lately. I doubt they've gone bust as their site seems to be updated. Will send them a fax and see if they respond.

~livEwirE~

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lmcomputer

Next time buy custom made pc from local suppliers. You don't have to pay for shipping and you get much better support and if you have any problems they will fix it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

lmcomputer wrote: »
    Next time buy custom made pc from local suppliers. You don't have to pay for shipping and you get much better support and if you have any problems they will fix it for you.

Its like telling someone with cancer, well you shouldn't have smoked cigarettes. Anywhoo..

I would say the only way to extract info from ankermann at this stage is to get someone to help you with a legal looking letter, that can move things along very swiftly, but honestly they are a dreadful supplier, bad reputation, as a company I think they have given up totally on customer service and are just in it for the money to bulk shift as many units as possible. Hard to believe they are German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Its like telling someone with cancer, well you shouldn't have smoked cigarettes. Anywhoo..

F%&k me! I researched them boards.ie when I was buying and they seemed good, anywho as you guys already said its a bit late now. The crap thing is that I was going to buy from Komplett, obviously should have gone with them for after sales support:mad:

Whaddya know, I got an RMA this morning and will send off the box asap, fingers crossed they replace the case as its f$%ked as well!

Looks like I'll be sending the machine back to Germany. Anyone know what is the cheapest way to do this - An Post, UPS, DHL etc. What kind of cost am I looking at?

• Advertisement
Advertisement