Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat exams

Options
  • 07-08-2009 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi, just wondering whether the repeat exams still take into account the work that you build up during the year(assignments and tests).

also, this is a long shot, but would anyone happen to have any copies of first year chinese exams. i know that its only been around for three years but hopefully someone will have them.

also, do the repeats tend to be easier or harder than the original exams?

thanks
    john

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I emailed my year head soon after getting results (and failing 2 exams) to find this out. Continuous assessment is still included in your mark so the written repeat exam will only be worth what it was as summer (this is the case for computer science anyway and i imagine its probably the same throughout dit).

As for repeat exams being harder or easier than the original, i think this is pretty much up to the lecturer. Some might be pissed off that you didn't pass the first time and make it harder wheras others might want as many as possible to pass and make it easier. I guess this could also depend on how many people failed the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 jah718

Just got my timetable and exam card today, looks like im one of those unlucky people who have an exam in august, first one on the 26th and second on the 27th.

Damn!!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

Still waiting on my exam timetable :(! I was speaking to my lecturer and he said they write both exams at the same time so I assume they would be pretty much the same! Hope they were e and want us to pass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

got mine today aswell. 28th august and 2nd september for me. getting proper nervous now! gonna have to get into some serious study and leave the drink behind for a few weeks i think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I was always under the impression that your continous assessment work was only counted if it benefitted the student. I always thought this was done because you can't travel back in time but you can certainly learn what you didn't know back then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement