Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would like opinions on my credit card payoff plan

Options
  • 07-08-2009 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a credit card balance that I want to clear, so I am thinking of doing the following:
    1. Moving my balance to another card/bank with 0% interest on balances and / or purchases
    2. putting a moratorium on using the credit card
    3. pay off as much as I can afford each month
    4. for any purchases that require a credit card (eg travel for work which gets reimbursed) I am thinking of applying for one of the new prepaid mastercards from payzone.ie

does this make sense and will it work? (My debt is 1400, and I can pay off 150 per month)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Should do. Make sure you do not use the card for any purchases though or the interest will kick in. Should work as long as you get the 0% interest rate throughout the payback period. If you don't get to pay it off before the introductory rate expires, the rate will presumbably increase significantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭cats-pyjamas

Thanks, I am planning to have it paid off by the time the introductory period expires, and using the new prepaid mastercard for any purchases where I would have used a credit card before. I think these are a great idea, like providing your own credit!

Advertisement