Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Booking flights when abroad?

• 07-08-2009 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering does the principle apply with booking flights close to departure & that they are dearer when you're flying around the world?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Ehh...what?
    What principle? Flights are generally more expensive the closer to departure regardless of where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Gerbud

dory wrote: »
    Ehh...what?
    What principle? Flights are generally more expensive the closer to departure regardless of where you are.

Sorry - Just read back over that - wording was atrocious :o

Basically doing a round the world trip & trying to decide whether to go for a package deal with flights or to book as we go. I was just wondering would it be really dear to book flights spur of the moment when abroad?

Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Yes.
    I did half the world that way and in the end I had to book far ahead. Air Asia was still cheap for some around Asia flying. But Aus - South America could cost you $3000 if you leave it.
    I ended up having to book so far in advance that I should have just done rtw because I changed the flights on the half rtw I had at no extra cost!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I had to book a few flights as I went and to be honest it's a total pain in the ass. I'm all for the DIY independent travelling but save yourself the hassle!

Advertisement