Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gin and Ton-Ton?

Options
  • 07-08-2009 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

So I'm trying to cut down of the beer cause I've noticed that I'm beginning to become a big fat lard ass.
    I read that G&Ts are the best for keeping you weight down. But I know that if I order this down my local I'm going to get a huge mocking over it.

Is there any alternative to this or is there anyway in which I can get a G&T without looking like a pansie ? Maybe if I got it served out of a boot or something?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Bill-e wrote: »
    So I'm trying to cut down of the beer cause I've noticed that I'm beginning to become a big fat lard ass.
    I read that G&Ts are the best for keeping you weight down. But I know that if I order this down my local I'm going to get a huge mocking over it.

Is there any alternative to this or is there anyway in which I can get a G&T without looking like a pansie ? Maybe if I got it served out of a boot or something?

Hahah :)

I love G&T, really refreshing drink!

Maybe if you got it without the lime, it might look less... girly, to be stereotypical about it?

That's really the only suggestion I can make, bar asking for it in a pint glass or by using food colouring to dye the drink a more ... favourable colour! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭3qsmavrod5twfe

Vodka and Tonic? :D

No options really except glass choice. Alternatively be hyper camp about it the first few times and get straws and umbrellas and all the rest of the paraphanalia and after you take the slagging for that just tone it down to normal.

It could work. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I read that G&Ts are the best for keeping you weight down.
    Any unsweetended spirits and diet drinks will be the best "weight wise". The sweetners in diet drinks actually increase your alcohol absorption rates, so if you drink with "getting to a certain blood alcohol level" in mind then you can drink less to get as tipsy. So you save on both counts, less calories in the booze, less calories in the mixer, only thing not getting lighter is you wallet ;)

Aged Rum & diet 7-up or coke zero would be my pick. Normal tonic does have sugar in it, many think it doesn't because of the taste, it actually has more sugar than lilt, and almost half the sugar of coke.

http://www.bio-medicine.org/medicine-news/Diet-mixers-predisposes-people-to-habitual-drunker-10547-1/

Here is a mega long post I made on booze & weight loss http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57902740&postcount=10

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Nice one rubadub. Some seriously good advice there, I read that post twice.

I hit the gym myself a lot to counter my drinking and penchant for fast food. I could easily have 10+ pints and take away afterwards, not to mention I probably would have had a take away before heading out! :eek:

I went on my holidays 4 weeks ago and have found it impossible to get back to my routine(gymwise) this has caused me to put on 1.5 stone in under a month! Cutting the drink somewhat and the food altogether, I reckon I can loose that again in around 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

So shouldn't that read:
    So I'm trying to cut down of the two take-aways a night cause I've noticed that I'm beginning to become a big fat lard ass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Drinking gin+tonic or just about any spirt+mixer is guaranteed to lighten up your wallet because you're looking at about a €6.50 average for a drink like that.

If money's no option then stroll into the local , stride up to the bar, eye the bartender and mouth this off : "Vodka Martini, shaken, no stirred."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Yeah, they're so fecken expensive! And they have half the amount of alcohol as a pint when you get pub measures.
    I love G&T, get half a lemon squeezed into them, fantastic! And ice obviously. Make sure it's Bombay Sapphire gin you're getting too, not cork dry.
    Great drink for out in the sun.

Advertisement