Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phoenix Park Motor Races Action Photo Opportunity

• 07-08-2009 12:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28

Hi All
    I am racing in the Phoenix Park Motor Races this weekend 8/9 August.
    This is a great opportunity to practice your action photoskills!

I am in the Formula Libre Race
    Car Number 92
    This is it
    RedCrossle.jpg
    It is a 1975 Crossle 30F 1.7 litre 160bhp
    The leaders will be running engines of 3.8 and 4 litres with from 340 to 600bhp
    So you may gather I will be at the back of the field until they come around to lap me!

Grovel time:D if you get any photos of me let me know
    Thanks
    Gerard O'Connor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Might ramble down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

be careful.
    that stuff is dangerous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 class1comp

Pal wrote: »
    be careful.
    that stuff is dangerous

The barriers are a good distance from the track so spectators are safe from any errant ways of us drivers

I am not going to be doing any dramatics. I am there to enjoy the event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

I usually turn up to the races every year if I can, took a rake load of pics last year, turn1 is the corner to look out for, fairly sharp with a dip on the inside, great on the first lap ;) just wish i was a better photographer!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Are the races ticketed or free?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Anthony L

Was at this 2 years ago taking pics, great event. Ive to work tommorow and bikes on sunday. team pr reilly corner is great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Free afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nikonbrian

Hi Gerard
    Down there today , Formula Libra was the race of the day, looking forward to tomorrow (I'd say you were doing your nut on the grid waiting on the decision).
    Couldn't attach too big ,slightly out of focus I'll try get you sharper tomorrow :)
    Mail me BCOSTELL@gmail.com I'll send it on.
    Thanks
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CasimiR

Hey Gerard , number 92 :

3804353162_c838945805.jpg

by the way, i was in the first corner , some of the photographers i saw (journalists/accredited
    is my guess since they were not restricted behind barriers like the rest of us peasants :p), are complete lunatics,
    barely 5 meters away from those cars passing by in a corner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭DutchGuy

This motor racing photography lark is harder than it looks... had a LOT of rejects to go through. Anyway, here's a few:

0214CFAC2CF543F9AF9863A711E60B9B-800.jpg

8B8ADEB95EBF48DE9566C138EE7C002D-800.jpg

there's some more on my pix.ie

Uhhm - Gerard you might not want to see them, hope you (and your car) are ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 bantaman

Did anyone manage to get a shot of the White M3 (No. 131) in the Saloon Libre race today? I was trying to keep it in a straight line, but that car just loves sideways! :D

@DutchGuy: I know what you mean - when I'm not competing, I'm trying to get a few shots at the Hillclimb Championship events. I always pan a little to slow, or a little too fast - I rarely get it right (unless I go for 1/200s - but then there's no action in the shot). You got a few very nice shots there.

Thanks,
    D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭paddyjoe18

I have you few times, If you PM me I will send on..don't have a clue how to put them up here, you can if you want.
    Paddyjoe

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bantaman

Thanks PaddyJoe - PM Sent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 class1comp

DutchGuy wrote: »
    Uhhm - Gerard you might not want to see them, hope you (and your car) are ok.

I am OK left wrist a little sore
    Car banana shaped engine mounts to chassis broke, bottom wishbone bent, track control arm twisted.

It was a rental and I am anxiously witing for the repair bill

That photo on pix.ie does some up my weekend. On the phone to report the damage!

No problem Bantaman, Photo's on there way.If anyone is looking for non professional photo's of there cars or motorbikes over the 2 day's drop me a PM will see if I have a half decent one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

paddyjoe18 wrote: »
    No problem Bantaman, Photo's on there way.If anyone is looking for non professional photo's of there cars or motorbikes over the 2 day's drop me a PM will see if I have a half decent one.
    do you have a flickr account you can upload them to? It's free to open an account...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 khennessy

Submit your photos to ppmr.ie and I will put them in the gallery so anyone can download them.

Ger, is the rist and shoulder on the same side???

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Zxc

David Sleator, photographer with the Irish Times, has a set of pictures from the event put together in an audio slideshow and visible here:

http://www.irishtimes.com/indepth/slideshows/phoenix-races/

Audio slideshow my ass... I want decent pics! :D

There's a lot of good shots there though :)

Link to photo's, not very exciting I'm afraid, taken from outside the barriers.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Wheaton18/PhoenixParkMotorRaces2009?feat=directlink

• Advertisement

ooooh flames :)

IMG_4081.JPG
    Thanks paddyjoe18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

A few of mine from Sunday:
    A8F7458266C542E19AED67C92B6326E9.jpg

0B6F8CC55B1B46D8AC3E06CCFFCEDF9F.jpg

98580A29294B4899BA33ED3C1DE5A524.jpg

More here if you recognise your car!