Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

photoshop number key glitch shortcut glitch

Options
  • 07-08-2009 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

Something weird just happened my photoshop. All the numbers along the top now wont type numbers unless you hold down the shift key. The symbols it types doesnt correspond with the shift positions.

Also some of the shortcuts don't work. Example zoom in is now zoom out and zoom out doesn't work. Select all layers shortcut doesn't work. All the save shortcuts work an transform etc. The tool palette shortcuts also work

Antone have any ideas? This is extremely frustrating and prevent me from working at the minute. Any help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

You can re-set all shortcuts to their defaults, (you will lose any custom ones you have created however). Are you are the only person using the machine ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

yeah I am. Im pretty sure its still default I checked that before posting. Ill check again

yeah the keyboard preferences appear to be the same. Just checked for example zoom out/in and they are as they should be

the following letters now correspond to qwerty ... azerty only in photoshop.

Found the problem... Apparently holding down alt and left shift switch between language and keyboard settings. This is what messed up photoshop

Switch this off in regional settings in control panel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

Close photoshop - put it back in the box and never open it again.

Only kidding

Close photoshop - reopen photoshop - hold down ctrl/cmd alt shift immediately after you open photoshop.

Reset your preferences.

• Advertisement
Advertisement