Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft Word 2003 Inserting Page Numbers

• 07-08-2009 12:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭

Basically the problem i'm having is i'm trying to insert roman numerials for the contents and such , but starting after the title page with i and then begin listing the pages from there on in 1,2,3, etc. How in the name of God do you do it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Think you need a section break between the area's you want differnt number schemes? - just a guess ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Kevin Bacon

Yeah found that section break stuff on the internet. It said to click between the pages to insert it ,what ever that means, how do you do that in plain english?

It works like a page break. Just go to the last return on the page before you want to change the numbering add an extra return (might not need it) and then co to the Insert Break Section Break (from memory) then you might need to tidy up the formating of the following page depending on how you format stuff.

Sound, got it now. Theres some thanks for ya...if your in to that sort of thing:D

One tip would be to just take some dummy text and add your breaks Index's etc and when that works with say 6 pages the way you want start copying and pasting the text in from the orignal document. I guess you'll have to do some major reformatting anyway, with Word its always been a pain to add styles and formatting after you have finished writing the text as page breaks start going across important sections and main headings end up at the bottom of pages so best to start off with all the bells and whistles.

Edit> and Thanks for the thanks - btw are you still keeping us safe from the graboids - gets coat - goes looking for a life

• Advertisement

ttm wrote: »
    One tip would be to just take some dummy text and add your breaks Index's etc and when that works with say 6 pages the way you want start copying and pasting the text in from the orignal document. I guess you'll have to do some major reformatting anyway, with Word its always been a pain to add styles and formatting after you have finished writing the text as page breaks start going across important sections and main headings end up at the bottom of pages so best to start off with all the bells and whistles.

Edit> and Thanks for the thanks - btw are you still keeping us safe from the graboids - gets coat - goes looking for a life

Sound for that but I got it sorted anyway, on another point I did have to look up what a "graboid" was which is possibly a good thing although I have seen that film. However it could be worse you could have written the wikipedia article for it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graboid

Which includes Physiology(WTF?!) amongst other things. The guy who wrote that would be the saddest case of all.

*Prays ttm didn't write it*;)

Sound for that but I got it sorted anyway, on another point I did have to look up what a "graboid" was which is possibly a good thing although I have seen that film. However it could be worse you could have written the wikipedia article for it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graboid

Which includes Physiology(WTF?!) amongst other things. The guy who wrote that would be the saddest case of all.

*Prays ttm didn't write it*;)

Didn't write it but have the boxed set four films :o, actually the original gets a 7.1 on imdb so not that bad a B movie.

Advertisement