Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spar Clonskeagh - Steve in the Deli

Options
  • 07-08-2009 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Anyone know this guy in the deli. He has me in tears everytime I go in for a roll, hilarious. What a legend!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Hey Steve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I think his name is Steve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Jip wrote: »
    I think his name is Steve.

Think your right there and I think he works behind the deli.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Steve?

Doesn't he work in the deli?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I heard from a friend who had an uncle this time, that his full name is Steven. Which is actually an elongated version of Steve. Coincidence? I think not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

He didn't slip in that deli is short for delicatessen did he?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Is Steve the bald guy ?
    Always having the craic etc with the delivery men ?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭De Deraco

If he is bald does he still have to wear a hair net?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭MonsterMob

claiva wrote: »
    Is Steve the bald guy ?
    Always having the craic etc with the delivery men ?

yeah, his latest one liner was when he announced to the whole queue "if anyone needs any advice on sex", and then pointing to one of the girls who was working with him, "she's here till half six"!

• Advertisement

This thread delivers

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Does Steve deliver or do you have to go in for your roll?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

I met Steve before, really nice guy. Cracks me up something terrible. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

MonsterMob wrote: »
    yeah, his latest one liner was when he announced to the whole queue "if anyone needs any advice on sex", and then pointing to one of the girls who was working with him, "she's here till half six"!

Sounds like a total wanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

I know a Stephen who works in a delicatessen in Spar in Clonskeagh, don't think it's the same bloke though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭DenMan

Yeah, sounds like a d**k to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭ToTheSea:

Bullying is always funny:rolleyes:

joking btw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I'm sure if I'd have been on the queue I'd have been unable to eat my chicken and stuffing roll with a little coleslaw after that line.I'd have been in stitches. Glad I wasn't there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Does he make rolls like the rest of the Spar deli staff in the country? ie does he pack it to pieces in the wrong order rendering your lunch inedible? If so, then he's not so hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Memo: I know Steve and it's not mayonnaise.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I dunno about steve,
    but i know a guy called Fred whos always doyin in the spar buying bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

WindSock wrote: »
    Does he make rolls like the rest of the Spar deli staff in the country? ie does he pack it to pieces in the wrong order rendering your lunch inedible? If so, then he's not so hot.

It all get's mixed up in your stomach anyway:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Gillo wrote: »
    It all get's mixed up in your stomach anyway:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Wow. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Nevore wrote: »
    Wow. :rolleyes:

So whats the problem with it getting messed in the roll itself????
    Christ it's food, buy it, eat it, digest it, poo it.

Find something worthy of such worry & stress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Gillo wrote: »
    So whats the problem with it getting messed in the roll itself????
    Christ it's food, buy it, eat it, digest it, poo it.

Find something worthy of such worry & stress

Thats the problem. I am paying for someone to make up the sandwich/roll/wrap for me. I would expect it to be made up properly. I have been handed wraps and rolls before that looked like nappies. When I opened the paper it was such a feckin mess that I needed to sit down at a table and eat it with a fork. It kind of defeats the purpose of a conveniant lunch. There is a skill to making up a sandwich/wrap/roll. Well it's not much of a skill, it's really more common sense which ingredients you put in first, and which amount. You don't just lob it all in and hope it stays intact.
    Now I have to stand there and direct the staff how to make my lunch so I can eat it properly. E4 to do that. Yeah I would go somewhere else if I could but Spar have taken over this feckin country.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Scien wrote: »
    What kinda Roll do ya get?

A rickroll.

Oh Steve, you are the living end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

A work 'character'..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rj1SFtxRTg

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ciagr297

Steve is an absolute legend, i'm only in there every so often but he always remembers me and has a chat
    some of the stuff he comes out with :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

I don't visit the Spar in Clonskeagh anymore, as it is the most overpriced convenience store in Ireland.

And the rolls used to be disgusting when I used to order ones there. So Steve could lighten up on the old comedy routine, and get busy chopping some fresh tomatoes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I most find this Steve and bring him to the attention of our entertainment lords in Montrose. Perhaps his witty banter can lift us from this recession.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement