Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SURROUND SOUND FOR MY XBOX 360

• 07-08-2009 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I bet this is a real noob question but i'm really not all that technically minded:

i have a logitech 5.1 surround sound system for my pc and i was wondering how i would go about connecting it to my 360 so i can have surround sound for my games. The connections available on the sub are the three (green, orange and black) 3.5mm jac connections that are currently connected to the front, rear and centre speaker ports on my pc sound card.

I'd appreciate any help people can give me

cheers,
    Seraph

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

If you have the Logitech Decoder that connects all your speakers to the PC, then it should have an Optical Port. Buy an Optical Cable from Maplins/Peats, etc and connect that to the Component Dongle going between your Xbox and TV.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 SeraphIRL

Liber8or wrote: »
    If you have the Logitech Decoder that connects all your speakers to the PC, then it should have an Optical Port. Buy an Optical Cable from Maplins/Peats, etc and connect that to the Component Dongle going between your Xbox and TV.

Hope this helps.

no the speakers all plug into the subwoofer and then three cables come from the sub and into my sound card in the pc (green, black, orange). don't know anything about a decoder, but there's no optical port :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭danteXXI

No point in starting a new thread, I have a sorround sound system through the dvd player.
    What sort of connection do I need to play the xbox through the sorround sound dvd player?

AFAIK, there is no other option. Optical is really the only choice for Xbox Gamers to obtain true Surround Sound. Therefore, you will need a decoder that can take in an Optical signal via an Optical Port.

For example:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/224&cl=gb,en
    Digital optical for DVD or CD players, PlayStation®2, Xbox®**

Some DVD players/Home Cinema Systems have Optical Ports too, so you might be able to hook up your Xbox to it and have your sound come out from that.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

If your PC has optical inputs you may also be able to use it to do the decoding. However you would obviously then have to leave it on whenever you are playing on the 360

• Advertisement

Knasher wrote: »
    If your PC has optical inputs you may also be able to use it to do the decoding. However you would obviously then have to leave it on whenever you are playing on the 360

that's not a problem, but how would i go abut doing that?

AFAIK, there is no other option. Optical is really the only choice for Xbox Gamers to obtain true Surround Sound. Therefore, you will need a decoder that can take in an Optical signal via an Optical Port.

For example:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/224&cl=gb,en

Some DVD players/Home Cinema Systems have Optical Ports too, so you might be able to hook up your Xbox to it and have your sound come out from that.

Hope this helps!

sorry man, didn't see this for some reaosn. i already have the surround sound system tho so y wud i buy that think in the link? is there no way of splitting the sound from the xbox into seperate cables for the surround sound that i can just plug into the subwoofer i already own?

SeraphIRL wrote: »
    sorry man, didn't see this for some reaosn. i already have the surround sound system tho so y wud i buy that think in the link? is there no way of splitting the sound from the xbox into seperate cables for the surround sound that i can just plug into the subwoofer i already own?

I wasn't suggesting you buy that Sound System, was just giving an example of a system that can has an Optical In.

I wasn't suggesting you buy that Sound System, was just giving an example of a system that can has an Optical In.

ah right, sorry man. mine doesn't have optical in unfortunately :(.

i was thinkin there might be an av cable for the 360 that splits into the three 3.5mm jacs for the front, rear and canter speakers. but i haven't a clue so...

Advertisement