Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland A v Wales A, 8th August 2009.

• 07-08-2009 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24 leinster__fan

The rugby league's four nations match takes place in ALSAA, Swords, Dublin at 2:30pm on Sat. The rli. web site does not list the team. Does anyone know the line up?
    Come along and support an Irish team playing the rugby "of which we dare not speak".

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Size=everything

Theres a rugby league forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

moved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Nuts, tomorrow is my 21st, any more games on soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 leinster__fan

RuggieBear wrote: »
    moved

Why did you move this? The other forum is called "rugby". Not rugby union.
    I put it on that forum deliberately as I wanted to catch the attention of all RUGBY fans, not preach tp the converted in the league forum.
    Could it not have stayed????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Why did you move this? The other forum is called "rugby". Not rugby union.
    I put it on that forum deliberately as I wanted to catch the attention of all RUGBY fans, not preach tp the converted in the league forum.
    Could it not have stayed????

Sadly mate this place is fairly empty bar 10 or so regular posters, we all feel the same though that RL coverage should be encouraged in the other forum.

• Advertisement

I would like it in the other forum,put up a poll and see if we can petition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

petition who?

This forum needs a dedicated mod to encourage and facilitate its growth...i'll look into that.

petition who?

This forum needs a dedicated mod to encourage and facilitate its growth...i'll look into that.

Well is there anyway we could do a small integration with the RU forum to get a bit of interest into League? Maybe one sticky thread for RL matches that are on tv, considering League is a summer sport and Union takes the break id say alot of people would be interested in having look especially with the poor 3N performances at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

petition who?

I'd throw my name in for the modship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

amacachi wrote: »
    I'd throw my name in for the modship.
    and thus the power struggle begins :p

I'd mod but would expect a snappy uniform and maybe a respectful salute every now and then.

in a minor nod to whoever moved the thread ... I can understand folks from a traditional Union background associating the word 'Rugby' with Union and it would be accepted as such in many countries ... hell, back in Oz growing up in the '60s we called Rugby League 'Football' cos it was the only game we had ever seen and played and gradually it probably evolved into 'Footy' but I'm living in Ireland and I still use the word 'Football' and 'Rugby' to describe League and Union and refer to the 'round ball game' as soccer (preceded by a selection of Aussie macho expletives) :p

• Advertisement

Cage match to decide it then.

Advertisement