Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going away for a year?

Options
  • 07-08-2009 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

Im heading away for a year and im wondering what to do with my shotgun. Could it be left in a gun dealers? Or my father has a rifle all ready and it could be sold to him but how long would this take to go through with these new laws?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mrhd

your father could apply for 'joint use' of the shotgun (see box in section 4.1 of the new FCA1 form)

That way you are still licenced but you father is also licenced to possess and store it while you are away and when you get back in 12 months time you can get back to your sport straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mrhd

forgot to mention in the last post, dealers will probably charge for storage, and will be more that the e80 for the joint licence. I saw an ad by one of the big dealers in the back of ISD saying that there is a e200 booking fee for storage and another e50 for destruction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

Thanks. Must look in to that.

Advertisement