Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing foods!!!

Options
  • 07-08-2009 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi Guy's it's me again,

The last time I posted, Tigger (my cat) had a recent trip to the vet. There was something wrong with his bum, is wasn't a prolapse, it looked like a prolapse but wasn't, the vet kept him over night and he needed antibiotics, fluid and painkillers but TG now he's fine.

One of the problems was he had the runs, and the vet got it to stop, they fed him dry food as I gave him a mixture, wet food and some dry on top for his teeth. so since getting him back (3weeks or so) I've stuck to dry food, but he still goes to the press where I kept his wet food and waits for it, and when I put food in his dish he just looks at me like "is this it?" so I don't know weather to give him a mixture again or just keep him on dry. any advice for me please? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Ask the vet first (that should be a query they answer over the phone, for free). If there's no medical reason to keep him on dry food, try introducing a little wet and see how he reacts. If it runs through him, back to the dry food. If it doesn't, you can ease more into his diet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

magenta73 wrote: »
    Hi Guy's it's me again,

The last time I posted, Tigger (my cat) had a recent trip to the vet. There was something wrong with his bum, is wasn't a prolapse, it looked like a prolapse but wasn't, the vet kept him over night and he needed antibiotics, fluid and painkillers but TG now he's fine.

One of the problems was he had the runs, and the vet got it to stop, they fed him dry food as I gave him a mixture, wet food and some dry on top for his teeth. so since getting him back (3weeks or so) I've stuck to dry food, but he still goes to the press where I kept his wet food and waits for it, and when I put food in his dish he just looks at me like "is this it?" so I don't know weather to give him a mixture again or just keep him on dry. any advice for me please? thanks

You should have called him Pooh instead of Tigger :)

I say keep him on dry, he'll get used to it, the poor thing

Advertisement