Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving ranges

Options
  • 07-08-2009 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Moving on from my pitch and putt thread,

any driving ranges around.

I know about the heritage but do you have to be a member and do they give you clubs ??

Just looking for something to do tomorrow afternoon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Hi, There's a Driving range at the Heath golf club on the Heath. I'm sure the pro in the golf shop would lend you a club to hit some Balls.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

theres a small area in garryhinch golf club for practising..... not sure if you can just turn up though...

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Silent Rain

Doubt you can just turn up and use the practice ground in Garryhinch unless you're a member or are going to pay the green fees to play a round. Not sure if they supply clubs in the heritage, but I know you dont have to be a member, its just cheaper if you join up. (You can join the driving range without joining the golf club) Nice set up out there though, automatic loading etc. Way too much effort teeing up the ball youself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Used the one at the Heritage twice at the weekend and really enjoyed it. The automatic tee is great but you go through the balls a lot quicker.

9 euro for 90 balls ain't too bad either and a great way to pass a bit of time at the weekend.

But my tracksuit bottoms and t shirt got a dirty look from some muppet out there. Ya know the type, loud voice, telling everyone how to swing and arranging drinks later in the club house:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

9 euro for 90 balls ain't too bad either and a great way to pass a bit of time at the weekend.:

Hey, excuse my ignorance, but do you only pay for the balls, or are there other costs out there too? I'm thinking of giving it a shot, so just wondering.

• Advertisement

Cant remember what the exact details are, but petty sure you can just turn up and pay for the bucket of balls and start swinging away, dont think there were any extra costs (as long as you have your own clubs). There was also an option of getting an annual membership, which meant that the buckets of balls would be cheaper, ie. would be cheaper if you intended on using it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

seems to close very early though, 6pm. Doesn't look like there's any floodlighting for hitting balls after that time, unless i just didn't see it.

They do have flood lighting up there for it, must not have been getting enough custom to run it at a profit. Pity.

Just back from the Heritage again.

9 euro for 90 balls. No other fees unless you want to join the driving range.

The houses to the right are causing a problem, with cross winds you don't use the stalls and use the grass area outside. Also with a bad slice you can put a ball into the houses which is what i think was happening.

Also with the houses being so close flood lights can be a problem.

But i enjoy it, the auto tees are great and 10 euro for 9 holes of the par 3 is great value as well !

went up to the heritage today, well impressed with the place. its open to 9pm (monday to friday) according to the guy working there. Think i'll be getting membership cuz you get a discount on the balls, and then use the 3par course when you want. Great facility out there, cheers for the heads up.

• Advertisement

budhabob wrote: »
    went up to the heritage today, well impressed with the place. its open to 9pm (monday to friday) according to the guy working there. Think i'll be getting membership cuz you get a discount on the balls, and then use the 3par course when you want. Great facility out there, cheers for the heads up.

you have to go for the 200 euro membership to get use of the leix whenever you want.

the 75 euro membership ony has 2 green fees for it.

you have to go for the 200 euro membership to get use of the leix whenever you want.

the 75 euro membership ony has 2 green fees for it.

Ya, spotted that alright, i still think its really good value, and ideal for someone starting off.

budhabob wrote: »
    Ya, spotted that alright, i still think its really good value, and ideal for someone starting off.

Thats me alright:D

I'm going to swing and swing and work on it before i even venture near a course.

Thats me alright:D
    I'm going to swing and swing and work on it before i even venture near a course.

hehe, i'm the same. Was doing well until good people came along. Feckers. great craic.

Was out there this evening and all went well.

I joined and might upgrade my membership later but i get 25% off my balls so well worth and it will pay for itself in a few weeks.

If i upgrade to the 195 i get membership to the leix and a lesson with the pro as well......

ya, I'll prob get the 195 membership in a few weeks. think i may need more clubs than just the driver though :D

Advertisement