Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

office space

Options
  • 07-08-2009 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering an awful lot of people including myself are currently in the process of starting up their own business. Has anyone any knowledge about renting office space ie value for money, tailored to start ups what size is suitable for a 1-2 person size business.

Has anyone ever used a virtual office?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Snowdrop

Well speaking as someone who used to work from home with a virtual address myself , you should If at all possible avoid renting an office. Get your business going before locking yourself into a lease. Use a business address service and go out to clients as much as possible. You should expect to pay from €20 per month for a business address depending on whether you want city centre or suburbs.

If however you have to get an office, go for a month by month office share where all bills are included(light, heat, rates, broadband etc). That way you can control your costs more easily and you are free to leave at any time. That's how I started off with my first office and it was ideal. There was also the advantage that there was always someone there if I was out. Great for deliveries etc.

The size you need depends on your business, but to be comfortable I would recommend at least 150sq feet for two. For this you should expect to pay upwards of €350 per month depending on location.

Best of luck, pm me if you need more info or advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Contact: Teresa McCreary, Property Manager | Ph: 01-4664200 | www.partas.ie

I've had 2 offices with them since Nov 2006, the rent is very cheap, but I was waiting 2 years to get an office.

I'm moving from my office soon to a retail shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sengann

Depending on where you are based, there could be hot desks in a building that would give you a desk, internet connection, phone, and access to canteen/fax/printer/etc. Could rent on a monthly basis, or maybe by the week... great for starting out, especially if you find it difficult to get work done when you are at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭JordanDC

It would probably be best to start up with a virtual address to begin with and use VOIP phones, that way, if your business moves, so does your number, instantly. Our company has been working from the upstairs of my garage and we just use VOIP with Blueface, very handy.. and cheap! Rent is the last thing you need when starting up a new business, push the money into advertising or a better website or markets or shows in the RDS or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Lots of good spaces about. I just grabbed a smmall 1 person spot off grafton St, month by month so it suits me perfectly. They are alot more flexible on leases now and the prices are good.

I move into mine on Monday!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Oh yeah my problem withg working from home is that i've 2 small kids. Getting out of the house also has some serious psychological benefits ... hopefully i'll stop arguing with myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

If anyone is looking for some office space, there is a nice place near Frank Keane BMW off the Long Mile Road. PM me for details!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

try your local enterprise board to see if they can steer you in the right direction. e.g. www.enterpriseaction.ie this is a incubation style office complex (fas funded) in clondalkin where the rent is very reasonable and they have support services for start up business's. As the rent is cheap you have to move out after 2 years at which stage you should be well on your way. i am involved in this at board level (voluntary) pm me if you would like any further details.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Boom Boom

Thanks everyone for your help, I am going to give everything some more consideration I will keep you posted of how it goes.

Once again Boardsy's comes through

boom boom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 paymemymoney

Definitely outsource and use a business accomodation address & virtual office serivce at the at the start as you are only tied in for 3 months and can cancel the service if things don't work out. I have used Kendlebell for the past 9 months and they are very good. Contact Tony on 1800844750 . Their website is www.kbvo.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

If your buiness is technology based, Have a look at the www.digitalhub.com , not only office space but all the support channels that go with being based there as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 StuartC

I agree fully with snowdrop, worry about getting an office space when you need to worry. Shouldnt have much trouble these days anyway. Even Heard of one off merrion square today on twitter thats going for a reasonable rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Rainbow83

I'm currently renting an office just off Grafton Street, location is brilliant and they have just dropped their prices way down- i'm saving a fortune!! It's 6 Suffolk Street Serviced Offices, I'm in a 2 person office at the min but I think they do larger offices too!! Worth checking out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ddixon

When I was hiring when I was starting my company I used Dryland just for the interview process, my business grew so much that I had to use them for actually office space before i could find a suitable location for my business. Great service with a lot of options. And relatively cheap too

Advertisement