Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quay mayhem

• 07-08-2009 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

If you are heading on the quays away from the bridge, turn up Summerhill. There is a car broken down outside the Tower Hotel, it amazing what lane partially blocked can do.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Back to normal now anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Grand stuff, twas a Saab 900, the driver was sat there cranking away as I passed. There was a cone warning traffic (a big one) which suggests he was stuck there for a while. You'd have though he with some help could have pushed it round the corner and onto the pavement or even around the back of the hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

thats the way society is i,m afraid!!! people in too much of a hurry to help, although when i ended up putting my 7 and half ton truck into a soft margin few weeks back had loads of help from local farmers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Farmers love pulling stuff out of verges and ditches! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭bogs

Summerhill is not near the tower hotel its at the other end of the Quay.You must have the names wrong?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Mike was telling people to head up Summerhill because the car was broken down by the Tower. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

I'm afraid everybody is in too much off a hurry these days to help other folks, very sad.

on another issue I hate the way people throw there cars on the left hand lane and run into the shops. It's like an obstacle course down there!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

floyd333 wrote: »
    on another issue I hate the way people throw there cars on the left hand lane and run into the shops. It's like an obstacle course down there!!!

Yesterday, not only did a woman park there illegally, but she left her door wide open as much as possible while she went to buy a parking ticket from the machine! There is so much wrong with that situation it beggars belief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Kahless wrote: »
    Yesterday, not only did a woman park there illegally, but she left her door wide open as much as possible while she went to buy a parking ticket from the machine! There is so much wrong with that situation it beggars belief.

WOMEN !!!:rolleyes::p

Advertisement