Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick Question

• 07-08-2009 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭

Have a quick question, I am not a learner driver but all the same would like to be ressured on this.

There are 2cars driving CarA and CarB lets say. They are driving up a straight road. To the right there is a lane to turn off. (if anybody knows this road it is the malahide road where the hilton is).
    CarA is in front of CarB and is behind a car that is turning into the right turn lane.
    CarA is not attemping to go around this car and there is a queue of trafiic behind.
    CarB then indicates and attempts to pull around CarA, CarA then indicates but doesn't move, so CarB pulls out and is the other lane when CarA then pulls out in front of CarB.
    CarB has to slam on to avoid crashing into front passanger side of CarA.

Who is in the wrong?

There was no crash just a near miss.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Generalissimo

I'm only a new learner but I'd imagine CarA for not taking due care and using his mirrors/checking his blind spot when changing lanes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As above, A for not checking before moving out of his lane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

This is what I think. I was CarB. I beeped her to get her to stop and then of course beeped her a little more for not being carefull and had a little rant in my car with my windows down. Was very annoyed as she had 2 or 3 kids in the car aswell!

But when the traffic stopped she got out of her car came up to my window and hurled abuse at me. Telling me I nearly caused an accident and then she had the absolute nerve to ask me if I was a learner driver!!??

When I explained I had my Full Licence and had over 4year driving experience and that it was her who did not check her mirrors she started swearing and telling me that I was a learner driver and there was no way I had my full licence. I bet she just asked because I am young.

At this point I just told her to get back into her car! And she totted off!! Definately put my good friday mood into a bad one!!

Sorry for the rant!

Advertisement