Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash Courses

Options
  • 07-08-2009 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hey all,

looking to do a Flash CS4 course that takes you through the basics and maybe a bit more. Do FAS run any courses on this besides the eCollege thing? Or any classes that mightcover other stuff but also include Flash?

Any suggestions FAS or otherwise, ta ;-)

Andy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

Try IACT on Stephens Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

i'd try www.lynda.com - its online training so you wouldnt have access to teacher but still very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Wouldn't bother if I were you, HTML5 will make flash redundant.
    If you have a proper browser, here's a demo - http://9elements.com/io/projects/html5/canvas/

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Andy Rivers

Looks good - thanks for the link, Andy ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

smokingman wrote: »
    Wouldn't bother if I were you, HTML5 will make flash redundant.
    If you have a proper browser, here's a demo - http://9elements.com/io/projects/html5/canvas/
    That's not in any way true. It's 5-10 years off if it ever happens. Canvas will certainly take over some things that flash does, just as javascript has taken over basic slideshows etc...

I know a guy who works on canvas for Chrome and we've discussed this at length, there's no comparison. Flash has an authoring tool and a much faster innovation rate due to controlling it's own plugin architecture. I think canvas is a great innovation to happen to the web, but it is solving a very different problem to Flash and only has a portion of Flash's features. Labelling canvas as a 'flash killer' is just silly.

• Advertisement

So where can I find out more about this Canvas V Flash debate? And also any good resources out there on HTML 5?

Thanks,

Andy ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

So where can I find out more about this Canvas V Flash debate? And also any good resources out there on HTML 5?

Have you heard of google.com? It's a really great resource for finding out info like this.

mmhhh...thanks for that P. I was thinking specific links it may have saved me a bit of time - you obviously like a person to go through the process for themselves...interesting.

Andy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

It will be great if all parties agree a video codec. Otherwise you're just going to get some devices, computers, web browsers etc. that simply can't view some sites.

Well we'll see what happens. It looks nifty though.

Advertisement