Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know...

Options
  • 07-08-2009 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

I got the top of my ear and my tragus pierced a while back and I'm looking online to buy some cool jewellery for it (since in the shops its all fairly basic).
    Except on the websites they ask for what size of piercing and I have absolutely no idea.

Does anyone know what the typical size is of the piercing they leave in just after getting it done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

usually a 1.2 or a 1.6 which are a 16/14 guage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭IWishh

Thanks a million!
    And would a 6mm be for the tragus, and a 10/12mm for a top of the ear?

1.6 and 1.2mm. 6 mm is quite a dectent hole!!
    It depends it's measurs in thickness, but usually the trag is the 1.2 and the cartilage is 1.6 best thing to do is just ask the person who pierced it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭IWishh

This is the list of sizes I was looking at on the right that had me very :confused:
    http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online_store/blackline_ball_closure_ring_with_hematite_ball_2933140.cfm

Well guages is how thick the ring is, and internal diameter is how wide it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Dragonz_Rawr

Tragus is normally pierced at 1.2mm - you would need either a 6mm or 8mm bar or ring.

Helix is normally pierced at 1.6mm and again you will probably need either a 6mm or 8mm bar or ring.

It depends on how 'snug' you like your jewellery to be...and whether you are prone to them playing up and swelling a bit. Mine are normally pretty good so I generally buy 6mm, but I keep a couple of 8mm bars and rings in different guages in case they start to play up - just to give them a bit of space.

Advertisement