Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has anyone here worked in cyprus or malta?

Options
  • 07-08-2009 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

has anyone here worked in cyprus or malta? just wondering how difficult it is to find work there and what the cost of living is like. thanks for any advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 SonicC

yes i have in cyprus. not sure if your talking about proper legit job, as i worked in resort in a bar for 2 summers, cash in the hand sort of thing, nd real easy to find work that way. also had a friend did this and moved to the capital (larnaca, not many tourists there) when the season over, and was looking for job in his profession,(elec engineer, i think sumting like that) found it hard because if you dont know the native laugage alot dont want to know, anyway he attended college part time over there learned the basics, and had no prob with work after that, gettin on fine, last i heard he was out of work, but claiming the dole over there, least he's got the weather!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Malta is quite cheap compared to here but the wages arent great. Thriving economy that hasnt been impacted by the global recession much at all.

Take a ryanair flight there and back for about 150 euros and spend a week looking about if you can. Some of the hotels are very basic but also very very cheap.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Sodoro

Lots of jobs available in retail in Malta at the moment! Adidas store are looking for staff as well as other sports shops such as Urban Culture! Other jobs available including bar and waitress work! Doesnt seem to be much available in construction as i have a friend who has been unsuccessful finding a job in that sector! Anyway hope this helps, good luck!

Advertisement