Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7mb Eircom broadband help

Options
  • 07-08-2009 5:24pm

I posted a month or two ago about my Eircom broadband losing connection every 20mins or so. It only lasts a minute but it ruins any downloads I have running.

I got a new set of microfilters from Eircom and things improved but just this week its happening again.

I don't know what to do. I'm tearing my hair out. I posted my line stats the last time and was told they were ok. Is there anything I can do :(? Thanks for any help

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

I posted a month or two ago about my Eircom broadband losing connection every 20mins or so. It only lasts a minute but it ruins any downloads I have running.

I got a new set of microfilters from Eircom and things improved but just this week its happening again.

I don't know what to do. I'm tearing my hair out. I posted my line stats the last time and was told they were ok. Is there anything I can do :(? Thanks for any help

This may have been asked before, but where are you in Limerick? Can you get anyone else other than Eircom?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I dont know what you have and haven't tried

But a good thing to do first is to just connect the router directly to the main phone circuit. Disconnect everything else. Check to see if this makes it work well.

Also does the drop coincide with someone picking up the phone? Answering the phone? Making a call?

I have in the past got disconnected from ADSL when a call has come in. (Yes I know it shouldn't but there must have been a fault somewhere).

All I can suggest is keep logging faults
    Phone every day and ask for an update. That is the only way it will be fixed. At least with Eircom you have a higher chance of getting something done about it if it is a line problem. The other resllers are at Eircoms mercy...

I had an issue with U.TV internet and I just kept ringing, twice a day somtimes. The main issue got resolved within 5 days.

Good luck!
    X

Xcellor wrote: »
    I dont know what you have and haven't tried

But a good thing to do first is to just connect the router directly to the main phone circuit. Disconnect everything else. Check to see if this makes it work well.

Also does the drop coincide with someone picking up the phone? Answering the phone? Making a call?

I have in the past got disconnected from ADSL when a call has come in. (Yes I know it shouldn't but there must have been a fault somewhere).

All I can suggest is keep logging faults
    Phone every day and ask for an update. That is the only way it will be fixed. At least with Eircom you have a higher chance of getting something done about it if it is a line problem. The other resllers are at Eircoms mercy...

I had an issue with U.TV internet and I just kept ringing, twice a day somtimes. The main issue got resolved within 5 days.

Good luck!
    X

Just in case there is any doubt, Magnet is not a reseller. We own our own network, we only act as a reseller in rare occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Just in case there is any doubt, Magnet is not a reseller. We own our own network, we only act as a reseller in rare occasions.

Yeah I wasn't referring to Magnet.

Any chance you guys will ever come to Longford :D

Xcellor wrote: »
    Yeah I wasn't referring to Magnet.

Any chance you guys will ever come to Longford :D

Sorry, didnt mean to sound too sharp there. Longford is not on the road-map at the moment but we did unbundle Rathmines because of customer demand so you never can tell.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

What's your internal wiring like? Can you tell us your stats again?

Advertisement