Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

planning application issues

• 07-08-2009 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi there,

Just wondering could anyone provide info on the dicretionary powers of the planners and environmental department of the councils, I have a planning application in at the minute and they were going to refuse it on the basis of not being happy with the percolation area, evan though my site characterisation report has found an area of suitable percolation and the highest spec treatment system was specified.

Has anyone else had similar problems or able to share experience,s.

cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

It would be a little unusual for a planning application to be refused solely on a feeling of not liking a percolation area if the application showed a site charactarisation and results which passed the tests.

Is there a history on the site, was there tests done there before, or nearby. Perhapse you should read the planners report or talk to the planner involved, I'm sure they can shed some light on the situatiuon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Its not unusual in Mayo to refuse based on not liking a trial hole. You could have excellent percolation results, special report on groundwater etc recommending suitabiltiy for treatment system, you could have a contract signed with Bordnamona for installation & ongoing maintenance of the system and still be refused on the planners whim. The planners still seem to think they are qualified to make the decision on whether the site is suitable or not based on simply having a quick look at the trial hole. Now they could happen to visit after a weekend of crazy rainfall and the water level in the hole would be slightly raised (This is not groundwater level but simply surface runoff captured in the open hole) and they would therefore refuse the application.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Ok, but trial holes are meant to be covered, to prevent the ingress of rain and run-off waters, and left for inspection.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭its baltic

what yer saying there sounds right, had the trial hole left open and after recent weather it may not have looked great, my main issue is how can the planners just throw out the report that i have got a qualified person to do without evan questioning it with the author, surely he would be entitled to state his case as to why he passed the area for percolation in the first lace.

Advertisement