Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

HELP!! Lost Car key VW Golf

Options
  • 07-08-2009 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey,

Ive lost my key for 2005 VW Golf, Ive no spare so can anyone help me out. Ive rang a vw dealer they have quoted me €200 plus VAT does anyone know anywhere I can get this taken care of cheaper???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

see if you can buy a key online eg ebay. but see if u can find the programming instructions first. dont know if this will work or not but i know it works on some cars. see if u can get more info bout your problem online. also possibly try other dealers. if you try a big main dealer who is all sales sales sales they may have higher prices then a smaller dealer out in the country somewhere. try any locksmiths?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

David23686 wrote: »
    Hey,

Ive lost my key for 2005 VW Golf, Ive no spare so can anyone help me out. Ive rang a vw dealer they have quoted me €200 plus VAT does anyone know anywhere I can get this taken care of cheaper???

Thanks

Unfortunately you're stuck with having to go through a dealer. Best thing to do would be ring around a load of different VW dealers and see which is the cheapest. Remember you will also have to get the car to the dealer too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Try Steve Guard. Great set up and should be a few € cheaper than a main dealer.

Advertisement