Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruno withdrawn from Letterkenny cinema

Options
  • 07-08-2009 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Went in today to get tickets. The girl at the ticket office said it had been pulled because people were offended. I thanked her perfusely for protecting my sensibilities, and bought tickets for Lassie instead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

You are kidding, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

father_ted_down_with_this_sort_of_thing.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

mrmac wrote: »
    You are kidding, right?

Well, in my last line, yes.

eman66 wrote: »
    Well, in my last line, yes.

I was hoping you where joking about the, ignorant, censorship imposed by the management of the cinema. I'm kinda bewildered by that! :confused:

Now, if they'd removed it because it's cr@p! That'd be fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

It's back to the dark ages alright!

Reminds me a bit of the 80's when they used black marker to cover the scantily clad ladies in the posters! :). But this is much worse action.

• Advertisement

.... scantily clad ladies ....

Careful now - you'll be starting some immoral thoughts!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

...went to see americas most wanted last week and the cashier couldnt do enough to warn a mother who was tryin to bring her kids in against it....
    she claimed a young lad was 16 but refused to let him in without i.d !!...now it isn't a film for the easily offended but they havent been appointed official moral gaurdians of the northwest as far as i know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Went in today to get tickets. The girl at the ticket office said it had been pulled because people were offended.
    Well why did they go see it then ? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

This is actually serious?? What a load of crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭JamesTaylorfan

Went in today to get tickets. The girl at the ticket office said it had been pulled because people were offended. I thanked her perfusely for protecting my sensibilities, and bought tickets for Lassie instead.

Now I kinda want to see it while before I thought it might be just crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

fuck censorship, but then again its a business and they can do what they want.
    Bruno is total balls anyway, i don't know who are worse, the people who like bruno or the people who are offended by it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

oh wait, this is the Donegal forum

typical

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

The cinema in Navan had a warning on their recorded message thing about it, along the lines of "its pure filth, ive warned ye now and so dont come back to me with complaints". Just rang them again there to see if it was still there but its gone....

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

What's typical?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

No way. Is this the humour forum by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bruno PR people arranged this to get publicity :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

All publicity is good publicity ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Mac055

I've seen it and it's probably the worst film i've ever seen, i wouldn't say it's offensive (well maybe to the homosexual community) it's just really really bad and not funny in any way, cringeworthy i'd say. Not a patch on Borat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

do you think one of the donegal forum mods is responsible? After all they are so ultra conservative that they are known as the burmah taliban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

What were these people expecting when they bought tickets for Bruno, high brow entertainment? :confused: Dickheads :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Pique wrote: »
    Well why did they go see it then ? :confused:

Probably knew it was offensive, they just went so they would have something to complain about:rolleyes:

I wont be going to it, only sat through 20 minutes of Borat before i turned it off, not offensive or anything, just didn't think it was that funny. Bruno is meant to be less funny so i'll give it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭jonnygee

Is it not enough to send your hard earned money to england via tesco without sending it via bruno. Raise your standards , dont watch this tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

oh wait, this is the Donegal forum

typical

Makes ya wonder why someone from Carlow would be in here............

jonnygee wrote: »
    Is it not enough to send your hard earned money to england via tesco without sending it via bruno. Raise your standards , dont watch this tripe.

and what!?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

wouldnt even bother downlooading it never mind paying to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

wouldnt even bother downlooading it never mind paying to see it

So, Thats what you do in your office!!! I often wondered what you guys did!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

i was lookin forward to seein it but everyone i know that has seen it is telling me not to bother wasting my time or money, and thats from people who loved borat. Ahh, most people dont care enough to complain about it but its the odd person who has nothing better to do than go and complain about a film. I've seen loads of bad films but i wouldnt go and complain about it, its not like it was made by the staff in the cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

jonnygee wrote: »

I'm fairly bemused by that comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭digital pimp

i did see it,
    in derry cos they do SWEET popcorn

and it isnt that offensive, but i would not let anyone under 18 see it
    its no borat, but its better than the other stuff out there;
    eg, date movie, epic movie, paul blart mall cop

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

LoanShark wrote: »
    So, Thats what you do in your office!!! I often wondered what you guys did!

how do you know where i am, are you stalking me, help !
    actually i'm surrounded by pda's 2 laptops and 6 servers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Bruno is supposed to be offensive. That's the point of the film - it's supposed to offend everyone. I thought it was pretty crap TBH. The adopted baby bit was the funniest.

Banning Bruno only gives it more publicity. Now Donegal's reputation as a bastion of open minded liberalism will be dented...

Advertisement