Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jeffs Journal (Vol 1, Issue 1)

• 07-08-2009 6:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭

Jeffs Journal
    Vol 1 Issue 1

Hello and welcome to the first ever issue of Jeffs Journal. In this weeks issue we will have: Results, Match previews, Quotes of the week, a review on the match of the week, Orizios famous team of the week, an interview with Hdemoel (the Irish NT manager) and plenty more . . .
    So please read on and enjoy!

Results

League 1

Home TeamvAway TeamResultScorched EarthvBart the Cantankerous Gnome10-18AshtonvmusicboxersAshton6-27Forza JuvevCurly Sue Death Squad28-12
    League 2

Home TeamvAway TeamResultWondering WandererersvXaviXI36-5LunstervEveryone Likes A Tryer0-29Munster Mark IIvBanner Warriors38-10
    League 3

Home TeamvAway TeamResultA Lovely Bunch AltogethervGerladine RFC19-18Cork HurricanesvGideons26-7The RebelsvTempleogue Seniors47-7
    League 4

Home TeamvAway TeamResultConleth'svDead Hard Fcukers0-36Wexford BluesvDaves DangerMen39-12BogwarriorsvRaging Bulls16-13

Orizios team of the week

Team Of The Week:

1. Darragh McNamara (A Lovely Bunch Altogether)
    2. Alberico Poppi (Wondering Wanders)
    3. Sandro Perna (Cork Hurricanes)
    4. Jake Brown (A Lovely Bunch Altogether)
    5. Samuel Ruane (Rebels)
    6. Gaspare Chimini (music boxers)
    7. Sam Nears (Bogwarriors)
    8. Neil Duffy (Wexford Blues)

9. Seth Parish (The Cantankerous Gnomes)
    10. Gerald Anthony (Forza Juve)
    11. Lee Johnstone (Dead Hard Fcukers)
    12. Jordan Hunt (Dead Hard Fcukers)
    13. Andrew Mac Conway (Munster Mark II)
    14. Mark O’Driscoll (Rebels)
    15. Facundo Burruchaga (Everyone Likes A Tryer)

Attack Of The Week: Rebels

Defense Of The Week: Dead Hard Fcukers

Scrum Of The Week: Dead Hard Fcukers

Lineout Of The Week: Munster Mark II

Top Point Scorer: 16 Johnstone (Dead Hard Fcukers)

Player Of The Week: Mark O’Driscoll (Rebels)

Team Of The Week: Rebels

By: Orizio (funnily enough)

Match of the week

My match of the first round is Scorched Earth v The Cantankerous Gnomes. It was always going to be a tight match and although early in the competition both managers knew this could be an important fixture. John Butler the gnomes manager would have quietly backed himself going into the clash but Orizio . . . I mean turenne would have been expecting a win also being in a higher league and all. The game kicked off and disaster struck Scorched Earth within the first minute when Hegarty got dumped on his neck and was forced to come off. And it turned out to be a double blow as the gnomes scored the following penalty and took the lead.
    The Gnomes dominated for the first 10 minutes and the try came on the 8th minute by Bevan. But the conversion was missed and 8 points was the difference. Gnomes had taken the lead and were looking comfortable.
    Things only got worse for scorched Earth when Fernando came on for the injured Smithers. But then some luck came when scorched earth got a penalty and scored it, bringing the score to 8-3 and leaving JohnButler to wonder why he wasn't winning by more.
    The tide was starting to turn and hickman was forced off with a serious injury to the frustration of the Gnomes management. Just before half time Gnomes had a penalty chance but it was put well wide and left.
    Half time Gnomes 8-3 Scorched earth
    It took 10 minutes for the first score to come in the second half and it was Gnomes who got it. A try by Wagstaff but no 2 point bonus. 13-3.
    Gnomes must have been feeling comfortable with a 10 point lead but it was taken away when Taro scored a try which was converted to make the score 13-10.
    But it was the Gnomes who had the last laugh when Parish touched down in front of the posts. Amazingly the conversion was missed! Final score Cantankerous Gnomes 18 - Scorched Earth 10.

All I'll say is rabbit had an awful day getting 3 out of a possible 12 points but the overall better team won.

By: Ajeffares

Overall it was a good week with all fixtures getting played. We hope to have more thorough reviews of more matches in the future. But now we are going to move a off the cup.

Interview with Hdemoel

Me: abcdef
    Hans: abcdef

Thanks for agreeing to an interview hans, and congrats on being appointed NT manager. Firstly did you expect to get the job?

When I decided to run for NT manager I knew I'd have a good chance at least. Being active on the forums, kickstarting the Irish training initiatives, helping with line-up and match analyses for the international sides, and having a good track record in Blackout with the Pirates showed that I had the proper qualifications I think. Plus I knew from some managers that they'd back me up (actually approaching me when I would run for NT manager).

You've got off to a great start for Ireland with two wins, so what are your short term goals for this season?

That's even four wins now (and no loss), well... at least up to the coming weekend that is ;)
    My short term goals for this season are quite simple: i) grab as many points as possible in order to make a good qualification for the BRWC next season, ii) try out a couple of different tactics with our team, and iii) get an idea of the tactics of the other nations.
    Basically I want to ensure that we can win from lesser and equal teams, and look for weak spots in the big teams (NZ, Eng, Aus, USA). In saying so I'm aiming for the #5/6 position in the table at the end of this season (or higher of course!).

And long term goals for next season and the WC?

Winning the BRWC of course! Or at least getting through the round robins and taking a shot at the prices. Not qualifying is not an option, and I doubt that'll happen with the community effort we're putting into the NT at the moment. For the qualifications I want to be in the top 6 (or even top 4), so we'll dodge a strong opponent in the round robin (by being one ourselves). Most importantly I want to be able to make the Irish team count at the international level. Also for us managers it's much more fun if our international side is competing at the top. It's no fun hanging down in the table.

With the big match V England coming up soon how do you think the lads will do? And how important is this match to you?

England is a very strong opponent whom we've never won from in Blackout, though Priest did come close a couple of times. To be honest I haven't looked at them in detail yet as I've been focussing on the USA game of friday, but I'll take a good look later this week to find a winning strategy for us (keep an eye on the off-site for that!). The England game is going to be a very important game for use. It'll show if we can really compete at the top level and if we can nick a win it would be a major morale boost for all of us I think. It's that important that I haven't made any appointments this sunday so I can watch the game live ;)

I know its a long time away yet, but do you think there is any chance you might take on a second term in charge?

My initial planning is to go for this one term and make Ireland count. I enjoy managing the NT very much but I believe that other managers should be given the opportunity as well. If the BRWC turns out to be a "just not making it" (basically like last season), frustration might tempt me to go for a second term. In case there are no other fitting candidates I might considering going for another term though as well, but in principle I'll let somebody else take a shot at it.

You also manage the big Div 1 side Aramasu's Pirates, having come both second a third in the league in the past will you be looking to win Div 1 this season?

I'm absolutely looking for that big victory in division 1 this year. But I also really want to win the cup another time, so I'll probably have to make some sacrifices because of that. I just hope I can win a top 4 position in the meantime and then give it all I've got in the play-offs. My last games against the current champions (Southern Spears) have been very close (draw during last play-offs, 1 conversion difference last saturday) that I believe it is certainly possible.

And finally, at boards.ie most of us are quite new to BR, so is there any advice you would like to give to us on how to become a top manager like yourself?

I would say the most important thing is to keep the long-term perspective in mind, especially with training. Only train players whom you are planning on keeping a long time in your squad (so young players with the right non-trainable attributes, or at least not the wrong ones). It'll be a waste of training if you train players who'll get sacked in a season or two anyway. You can also train players to sell them, but then you have to train them in a different way (giving them loads of sessions so they�re still young when they hit the TM and focussing on their strengths). Personally, I believe it's not a good strategy for starting teams to train for the TM because you first want to get a good starting XV and you�ll be behind (in terms of training facilities) with older teams anyway. Secondly, keep a sharp eye on the TM, there�s plenty of good players for reasonable prices that can be bought there! Beware that the current switch to more injuries boost prices, it did at the start of the season and I expect it will do so again shortly after week 8, so try to avoid those periods when buying players. Also, try to scrounge the TM at times there are not many managers online, you'll get cheaper deals then!

Thanks and good luck

No problem!
    Cheers,

Hans

Interview by Ajeffares.

Quotes

But most importantly:
    It’s ENGLAND! We have to TNT
    tongue.gif -
    Hdemoel talking tactics and giving reasons why the NT should TNT v England

there is no option , it is an unwritten law of being an international manager
    -
    Patron the U20s manager agreeing with HDemoel
    I’m close to the point of cancelling real-life appointments to watch a BR game as well... haven’t done so, yet.. - Hdemoel, thats why he is in charge

Bloody hell. Do you not have problems with the scrum half getting caught in his orbit? - Daveharnett on the 150kg prop on the TM ATM

Blackout Beers ... are bad... I think I just bought 8 of the worlds most mediocre players on a drunken clickfest. There goes the club tongue.gif - Frankiestylee giving valuable advice

Don't worry about it, I've gotten Zaraba doing everything now, lets just sit back and relax... tongue.gifbiggrin.gifwink.gif - Orizio regarding how much work we do, wait no ... thats not right, we do loads of work ;)

By AJeffares

Now looking forward to next week . . .

Match to watch

It's early days in the Boards Blackout Rugby Cup and everything is to play for, but one match stands out from the fixtures: Templeogue Seniors vs A Lovely Bunch Altogether.

The cup is filled with teams thriving in division 3 and dominating division 4, but only two teams join the ranks from division 5 and round 2 sees them go head to head.

Both teams will want to play to the best of their ability against the only other team in the group they have a good chance against on paper, though ALBA have already claimed a scalp off a top division four team in the shape of Geraldine RFC.

Promotion into division 4 is on the cards for both teams but whereas ALBA are dominating their league, Templeogue still have a fight on their hands. The league situation should allow ALBA to feel comfortable fielding a near full-strength team while Templeogue will have to strongly consider their selection.

ALBA has a squad of players that would put many division 4 teams to shame and fitness levels are all perfect, the only concern would be the number of OAPs on the bench and their ability to weather a league match and come out fighting on Monday.

Templeogue are severly outmatched in the talent stakes and with captain Richards injured they're at a greater disadvantage.

This match is all about priorities. If Templeogue realistically fancy anything from the Boards Cup other than a last place playoff they're going to have to make their stand on Monday at the risk of facing a more difficult league struggle.

It's hard to see this matching going any other way than an ALBA victory, but it's all about the bounce of the ball and young Oisin (a rising star of the Irish BR World ) is sure to have a trick or two up his wizard sleeves.

By Frankiestylee

Previews

Our 4 Round 2 previews feature 8 of the opening round winners and probable favourites for the highest honours in the ie Boards Blackout Cup. Beginning with the game o f the week…

music boxers vs. Forza Juve

After a comprehensive opening round victory against Ashton, and with one of the strongest squads in the Cup, the music boxers are well placed to have a crack at the Champion Cup. They are sitting in the top half of their Division Three table, have two 20,000+ CSR players (although three of their top five players are over 30) and also has a sizeable front row that pilfered three scrums from Ashton in the opening round. However, there is maybe two areas that an opposition team can attack - there is a lack of serious height in the team (only one player 200cm +), and the lineout was one area that Ashton gained some ground against the music boxers. Also, discipline seems to be a troubled area for music boxers, statistically giving away a considerable amount of penalties with little corresponding gain in turnovers, with suggests an opposition with strong technique and maybe even a by the book discipline can gleam some advantage in the rucks.

Forza Juve likewise have a good squad, albeit one with not quite the same depth and CSR levels as music boxers, and are also a competitive Division Three time. Again, there is a discernible lack of height, with one of only two of the 200 cm+ players in the squad being a wage filler. In fact, the set piece is likely to be a serious problem area for Forza Juve, an area where first round opposition Curly Sue Death Squad had considerable joy, as the front row, although small, weighs in at a not great 118/106/127kgs. At the same time, Forza Juve has favourable turnover/penalties won/lost ratios, especially compared to opposition music boxers. The most obvious advantage Forza Juve have over their opposition is energy - nearly all of the squad member’s energy levels are perfect, in stark comparison to many of the fit/sprightly levels of the music boxers. Nonetheless, a probable music boxers victory.

Everyone Likes A Tryer vs. Munster Mark II

A pair of Division 4 table toppers here, and both pretty close in terms of CSR, this should be close.
    Similarly, in terms of statistics there isn’t much difference, although its clear tactically that Everyone Likes A Tryer prefers to rely on the boot and on a territory game. Possibly the most impressive part of the Everyone Likes A Tryer game is the large amount of penalties the team wins in comparison to those lost, which suggests good discipline and probably a by the book. The .lineout should be a particular area that Munster Mark II should attack, with two of his highest CSR players measuring over 200 cm+. Still, Everyone Likes A Tryer should be the victor, in a tight probably low scoring match.

By ORIZIO

Notes

I hope everyone enjoyed the issue. Please put as many comments or ideas as possible down below. If there is anything you would like to see or have metioned please say it below. Thanks very much to Orizio and frankie. If anyone can think of a better name for this please put it below.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Nice job jeff and co!! Most enjoyable and il look forward to the next one!

Oh and i kinda like the name jeffs journal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

JohnButler wrote: »

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Thats all a bit **** Jeff - just resign and I'll trick ask Zaraba to do it in future... :)

JohnButler wrote: »

Especially when the greedy fecker barely wrote half of it! :P

WHERE THE **** IS MY NAME YOU TREACHEROUS ****??????

Apparently I forgot to send this to you jeff...
    Geraldine RFC vs. Cork Hurricanes

Two pre-tournament favourites here in what should hopefully be another tight, tense classic. Both have a good ratio for turnover’s won/lost, both have similar CSR levels, both seem similar tactical considering the similar levels of ‘kicking metres’ and ‘metre’s gained’, and statistically each team’s set piece is quite good. Both front rows appear lightweight, although the Cork Hurricanes front three seem more balanced, while both set of locks are of a similar height and bulk, the Cork Hurricanes veteran number 4 Gatehouse has an impressive ability to steal line outs and may dominate.

• Advertisement

Orizio wrote: »
    Especially when the greedy fecker barely wrote half of it! :P

WHERE THE **** IS MY NAME YOU TREACHEROUS ****??????

Sorry I was in a rush to get it done:o

They were some very hurtful things you said/implied:(

ajeffares wrote: »
    Sorry I was in a rush to get it done:o

They were some very hurtful things you said/implied:(

You're right...

...sorry Zaraba. :(

Hdemoel makes some good points at the end actually, particurly about week 8 and the TM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Haha nice one, hopefully Ill be able to nick a victory anyways. Great read. Keep it up

Has anyone got anything they would like to see next week?
    More reviews already on the list

• Advertisement

Another interview would be cool, but try and focus more on the veteran giving advice to the newbie aspect.

Everything was good though. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Orizio wrote: »
    Another interview would be cool, but try and focus more on the veteran giving advice to the newbie aspect.

All advice is very welcome! Only other thing I'd change is the gender of the manager of Munster Mark II :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Great first run lads.

Nice coup to get Hans for the interview, some good stuff in there.

Will be interesting to see if your journo talents turn out to be like Edmund van Esbeck or that numpty Stephen Jones.

How about for the next issue we have odds for each teams chances of progressing ?

Sorry folks I've just been asked to get rid of a few things out of the quoted

tsk tsk. Considering the England game hasnt taken place yet I am not surprised !!

Rookie Mistakes :rolleyes: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

*Rolls up sleeve to begin lecture on journalistic integrity*

*Realises he's had a few pints*

*decides he'd rather go to bed*

*wonders why the **** he's online*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

*Rolls up sleeve to begin lecture on journalistic integrity*

*Realises he's had a few pints*

*decides he'd rather go to bed*

*wonders why the **** he's online*

*Decides that he can't be last to bed so is now logging out of blackout and boards!!:eek:

when is issue 2 coming out Jeff?

Friday is the aim, but we might have a slight delay cos frank has a real life article to do, and for some reason he thinks it should take priority over JJ:rolleyes:;)

Friday is the aim, but we might have a slight delay cos frank has a real life article to do, and for some reason he thinks it should take priority over JJ:rolleyes:;)

Madness!:eek: Tell him to cop on and pull the finger out;) - we are all waiting here!

oh and tell him this is REAL LIFE also!;)

• Advertisement

"Release the Journal !!"

Sign the petition below...:D

Presently having a nice cup of tea...now if only i had something to read, like maybe a journal perhaps!! Oh wouldnt that be grand!:D:D

Get up off your ass and buy the Financial Times you lazy fecker. :D

The Journal may have to wait until tomorrow, although most of it is written.

I think i may have to Orizio my good man! And perhaps il get some hob nobs to go with my tea!!:P

I might as well put this up, written before I had to change the groups...
    League 4

Team by Team Breakdown

Conleth’s

Oh dear. Rather low CSR levels here as well I am afraid - every player below 10,000 CSR, although there is a little more form on show with a pair of league wins so far for the Conleth’s, albeit one against a bot. The stats for Conleth’s suggests further problems - a miserly 8 scrums against the head over 12 games and a weak front row - weighing in at 89 kg, 90 kg, and 102 kg’s respectively suggests the set piece is one of (many) areas that Conleth’s can be attacked. Likely to be near the bottom. Prediction: Sixth.

Wexford Blues

The first of our Division Three teams in League 4, placed in third position with a pair of league wins, it might be suggested that the Wexford Blues should be one of the ‘Boards.ie Champions Cup’ favourites… that is, of course until you look at the teams squad, which is a little…cack. With one player at 10,000 plus and a number of his squad with only ‘fit’, ‘weary’ and ‘energised’ energy levels, Wexfod Blues is rather lucky he is out the cup and playing a bot in his weekend league match, or his o pening round fixture against Daves DangerMen would be a forgone conclusion. Much of this team’s fortunes will be on the head of star Christopher Dermett and his ‘admirable’ form, while the team’s Division Three status suggests the Wexford Blues might be in contention for a lesser trophy, like ‘The Almost There Award’. Prediction: Fifth.

Daves DangerMen

Although this team is sitting second from bottom with three losses in its Division Three league, Daves Dangerman has a decent squad with 9 10,000+ CSR players, although this is offset by some above average energy levels and two tough games before Monday’s opening round. The team’s statistics of 56% possession and 57% territory along with a nearly equal metres gained to metres kicking ratio along with a large amount of up and unders suggests tactics built around a controlled kicking game along with low risk attacks like pick and go and driving. Finally, the high-ish level of turnover’s conceded suggests either poor technique in the squad or a normal, even by the book, discipline level. Likely to be one of the better teams in the compeition, even if the team’s league form is poor. Prediction: Fourth.

Dead Hard Fcukers

Serious team here. 3 wins out of 3 in the league so far, and only after conceding 8 points and with one 20,000 CSR player and with 13 10,000+ CSR players, the Dead Hard Fcukers are surely favourites for top. A sizeable balanced front row is a little offset by a lack of height at 4 and with the flankers, only one of the pack measuring over 200cm suggests Dead Hard Fcukers lineout can be attacked. The real strength of the team lies on the center partnership with its combined total of over 40,000 CSR, so any opposition 12 and 13 must have high defence levels and play their game as much as possible through the forwards. Finally, as an all round squad its not the strongest in depth but if the Dead Hard Fcukers aviod injuries then it should be a contendor for the ie boards Champions Cup. Prediction: First.

Raging Bulls

Another serious outfit, high CSR levels and with probably the best league form of all entrants - three wins out of three in Div.III.15 - a team to watch for silverware. Nonetheless, not the biggest front row - weighing in at 111kg, 123kg and 123kg - and an also not a whole lot of height at lock and in the back row, possibly set-pieces are somewhere Raging Bulls can be attacked. Interestingly, a recent friendly between Raging Bulls and Dead Hard Fcukers ended in an easy victory for the latter - a sign of things to come? Prediction: Third.

Bogwarriors:

A strong, deep squad here with at least 2/3’s of the squad above 10,000 CSR. A low kicking percentage, very few up and under’ s and kicks on the full and a high amount of tries scored suggests an attacking team that plays through the hands. Set-piece wise, a decent size front row is complimented by two big locks, so avoiding line-outs should be paramount for any opposition. Another decent bet for silverware. Prediction: Second.

Star players

Leon Barry - Daves DangerMen
    Gordy Seymour - Bogwarriors
    Garth Bartman - Dead Hard Fcukers
    Fionn MacMenemin - Dead Hard Fcukers
    Neil Carroll - Raging Bulls

Also, I just realised how Zaraba keeps winning all his games with a **** squad...half his players have reputable/admirable form. Must be some kind of bug.

The form changes, its not consistent.

The form changes, its not consistent.

Not for you it doesn't. :p

How did you do it Zaraba, come one, share it with your ie boards friends...

It actually does, quite a bit.
    I'm starting to get quite regular 'moderates' which is worrying!

• Advertisement

HEY, there is nothing wrong with TNT. It is a cup after all

Since we are running late here is something to keep you going, from before the group changes
    League 2,
    Athough not the highest quality group should be very tight and entertaining all the same.

The teams: Everyone likes a tryer, wondering wanders, Lunster, Munster Mark II, Pukka RFC, Banner Warriors and XaviXI.

Team by team breakdown: Everyone likes a tryer:
    This is EOferralls team, an active user which always makes the team stronger. A strong team in IV.8. Being a prem user is another advantage the team has. Looking at the squad, the pack although very low CSR wise has every player fitted well to their position and have two very tall Locks standing at 206cm each. Moving out to the backs it looks even stronger with a strong 9-10 partnership. This team will definately fancy themselves for the knockout stages.
    Wondering wanders: Managed by Cody1 another Prem user, this is a very evenly balanced team with 15 players between 11 and 16k CSR. Although in IV.60 this is a very strong team who will be expecting to earn themselves a place in the knockouts. Opposition teams will look at WWs and maybe find one weakness to take advantage of, the top three players are all aged 31.
    Lunster: Managed by krissovo, Lunster are stuck in IV.31 after losing in the playoffs last season. Looking at this team one player sticks out, Haley Garvey. The 23 year old aus is the man to watch. And with 77 games under his belt there is no lack of experience. Unfortunately I would be lying if I said this was not a one man team with only a few other players over 10k CSR. Still a very strong team.
    Munster Mark II: Managed by dreamer_ire another Prem user this is another league IV team. This team has a solid front row but could struggle in the lineouts with a serious lack of height. A very dagerous openside flanker will look to cause any opposition trouble. Out in the backs, a strong 13 and 15 might struggle to get near the ball because of a weak 9-10-12 link, but we'll see.
    Pukka RFC: Another league IV team managed by downtime, Who made the team and hasn't been online since. Should be easy pickings for the other tams with only three players over 10k CSR.
    Banner warriors: Managed by Hancock, league IV again. Will struggle to stay out of the bottom two. I can only see them winning one game. Four players above 10000 CSR . . .
    XaviXI: Managed by Xavi6. Not only in Div III but doing well in Div III. A very strong young team with plenty of CSR. Will be the obvious favourites. Doubters might say lacks depth but an awesome side who could be playing Div II rugby next season. Is there any player in this League who can handle the awesome Shaun O'Conway?

Fixtures to watch:
    XaviXI v Wondering Wanders (will decide the group winner)
    XaviXI v Everyone likes a tryer (ELATs only hope of getting through)
    Lunster v Wondering Wanders (should be very very entertaining)

Players to watch:
    Haley Garvey (Lunster) A one man show.
    Shaun O'Conway (XaviXI) Probably the star of the group
    Samuel Caillonet (Xavi XI) Will cause any team problems.
    Jamal Viner (ELAT) Will need to be on top form for his team to get through.

My prediction:
    1. XaviXI
    2. Everyone like a tryer
    3. Lunster
    4. Wondering Wanders
    5. Munster Mark II
    6. Banner Warriors
    7. Pukka RFC
    By AJeffares
    ~

Nice write up! I think quite accurate for my team - low csr but trawled TM for most of them at bargain prices and training them as young (apart from a couple of players who i envisage moving on in max 2 seasons.

Good work on the writing Ajefferes:cool:

Where's the journal at?

Waiting for frank

Waiting for frank

Should we send out a lynching party?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Ugh, major apologies to everyone due to my delay, but I've seriously dropped the ball on this one. My initial problem was final year college lark (oddly in journalism, so eh, one would think this journal would be excellent practice :P ) but I failed to take into account that I'm actually in a recording studio for 3 weeks solid, soooooo... I'm painfully unreliable and haven't done my homework for Jeff. :(

Advertisement