Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeffs Journal (Vol 1, Issue 1)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Since we are running late here is something to keep you going, from before the group changes
    League 2,
    Athough not the highest quality group should be very tight and entertaining all the same.

The teams: Everyone likes a tryer, wondering wanders, Lunster, Munster Mark II, Pukka RFC, Banner Warriors and XaviXI.

Team by team breakdown: Everyone likes a tryer:
    This is EOferralls team, an active user which always makes the team stronger. A strong team in IV.8. Being a prem user is another advantage the team has. Looking at the squad, the pack although very low CSR wise has every player fitted well to their position and have two very tall Locks standing at 206cm each. Moving out to the backs it looks even stronger with a strong 9-10 partnership. This team will definately fancy themselves for the knockout stages.
    Wondering wanders: Managed by Cody1 another Prem user, this is a very evenly balanced team with 15 players between 11 and 16k CSR. Although in IV.60 this is a very strong team who will be expecting to earn themselves a place in the knockouts. Opposition teams will look at WWs and maybe find one weakness to take advantage of, the top three players are all aged 31.
    Lunster: Managed by krissovo, Lunster are stuck in IV.31 after losing in the playoffs last season. Looking at this team one player sticks out, Haley Garvey. The 23 year old aus is the man to watch. And with 77 games under his belt there is no lack of experience. Unfortunately I would be lying if I said this was not a one man team with only a few other players over 10k CSR. Still a very strong team.
    Munster Mark II: Managed by dreamer_ire another Prem user this is another league IV team. This team has a solid front row but could struggle in the lineouts with a serious lack of height. A very dagerous openside flanker will look to cause any opposition trouble. Out in the backs, a strong 13 and 15 might struggle to get near the ball because of a weak 9-10-12 link, but we'll see.
    Pukka RFC: Another league IV team managed by downtime, Who made the team and hasn't been online since. Should be easy pickings for the other tams with only three players over 10k CSR.
    Banner warriors: Managed by Hancock, league IV again. Will struggle to stay out of the bottom two. I can only see them winning one game. Four players above 10000 CSR . . .
    XaviXI: Managed by Xavi6. Not only in Div III but doing well in Div III. A very strong young team with plenty of CSR. Will be the obvious favourites. Doubters might say lacks depth but an awesome side who could be playing Div II rugby next season. Is there any player in this League who can handle the awesome Shaun O'Conway?

Fixtures to watch:
    XaviXI v Wondering Wanders (will decide the group winner)
    XaviXI v Everyone likes a tryer (ELATs only hope of getting through)
    Lunster v Wondering Wanders (should be very very entertaining)

Players to watch:
    Haley Garvey (Lunster) A one man show.
    Shaun O'Conway (XaviXI) Probably the star of the group
    Samuel Caillonet (Xavi XI) Will cause any team problems.
    Jamal Viner (ELAT) Will need to be on top form for his team to get through.

My prediction:
    1. XaviXI
    2. Everyone like a tryer
    3. Lunster
    4. Wondering Wanders
    5. Munster Mark II
    6. Banner Warriors
    7. Pukka RFC
    By AJeffares
    ~

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Nice write up! I think quite accurate for my team - low csr but trawled TM for most of them at bargain prices and training them as young (apart from a couple of players who i envisage moving on in max 2 seasons.

Good work on the writing Ajefferes:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Where's the journal at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Waiting for frank

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

ajeffares wrote: »
    Waiting for frank

Should we send out a lynching party?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Ugh, major apologies to everyone due to my delay, but I've seriously dropped the ball on this one. My initial problem was final year college lark (oddly in journalism, so eh, one would think this journal would be excellent practice :P ) but I failed to take into account that I'm actually in a recording studio for 3 weeks solid, soooooo... I'm painfully unreliable and haven't done my homework for Jeff. :(

Advertisement