Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Running Costs

• 07-08-2009 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭

Some odd disparities are cropping regarding running costs for various different cars. Here's a few examples based on my situation (29, male, provisional licence, no previous insurance except two month's named driver experience, 9000 miles a year). All the insurance quotes are based on XSDirect and I haven't factored in the €4k excess. I'll be servicing the car myself and there's a bit in the service costs for bigger problems.

Corsa 1L manual (40mpg average)
    Tax 172
    Insurance 1260
    Fuel: 1125
    Servicing/parts: 300
    Total: €2857

BMW E39 520i auto (32mpg average)
    Tax 614
    Insurance 1450
    Fuel 1404
    Servicing/parts 500
    Total €3968

BMW E39 525d auto (34mpg average)
    Tax 935
    Insurance 1450
    Fuel 1200
    Servicing 500
    Total €4085

Not the gigantic difference in running costs the man in the pub would lead you to believe. And contrary to Irish logic, the difference in fuel costs are minimal. Admittedly with a few years NCB the insurance situation would change, but not by a horrific amount.

Comments

€500 / annum servicing for a 5 series is conservative unless you are handy with the spanners yourself.

Advertisement