Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone else waiing 6 weeks!

Options
  • 07-08-2009 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

hi guys just wondering if anyone else is waiting 6 weeks for a delivery from eirsoft. i ordered a dboys m4 6 weeks ago and they told me when i ordered it it would take 7-14 days not 28-35 days! they then tried to tell me that they sent me an email after i placed the order sayin that the gun is out of stock i got no email .they did not contact me sayin that the gun is out of stock i had to ring them to find out what is takeing so long . thats when they told me 7-14 days. i asked will i get any thing free and they said no that they sent me the message saying its out of stock but they didnt! if anyone else is waiting 6 weeks for their guns please feel free to post ur story.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

hi guys just wondering if anyone else is waiting 6 weeks for a delivery from eirsoft. i ordered a dboys m4 6 weeks ago and they told me when i ordered it it would take 7-14 days not 28-35 days!.

Correction: 6 weeks= 42 days.:p
    I'm very surprised. Eirsoft have excellent customer service. There must have been a problem with the suppliers or customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Did you check your "SPAM" inbox? The email could have been in there.
    To be fair, it's not a written rule that if you're left waiting ages for an order that the retailer has to give you free stuff, the lads in Eirsoft aren't required to do so either.
    Your AEG could have been on an order from China that got delayed due to customs. Also, Eirsoft are spot on with communication over orders and anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Eirsoft have a thread here, Tony announced that there has been massive delays with stock being sent from the supplier. It only started moving the other week and will take a while to get here and clear customs.

I'm waiting for my Wilson Combat MEU, I got an email saying there was a delay the first week I placed the order. That was a while ago now, 18th June but these things happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Think its a supplier issue, Tony told me they had to change supplier because they were getting screwed over too much. Best ask in his thread, pm him, or ring the shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Yeah, we have had serious, and I mean *serious* problems with a Chinese supplier, with the result we had to cancel a huge order, wait a few weeks for the payment to get back to us, and source the goods elsewhere.

I'll have concrete information about stock on Monday, and I'll let people know whats happening then.

In regard to this particular case, I dont know who you are, but I've just checked all the outstanding orders for a DBoys M4, and all parties were emailed. I'm not saying you received it, but it was definitely sent. Its worth noting that one of the orders for an M4 was placed by someone who used a Yahoo address, despite the big red warning in two places on the sign up page that this is a bad idea. Probably not you, but one of the other M4 buyers also didnt receive any email. Check your spam folders too, as suggested...quite a few of the free email accounts list order confirmation emails as Spam because its a recurring theme with unsolicited email.

I'd also like to point out that we always offer to refund people if they'd rather not wait, and we never argue the case if they do want a refund. If you want to cancel the order and get a refund, feel free to PM me your details.

To anyone else waiting....You've probably noticed I havent been committing to a delivery date in the Eirsoft thread, and I'm not going to commit myself right now, because we've been lied to consistently for the last few months, and I'm waiting until I have definite proof that stuff is due to arrive, but I will on Monday. Thats a promise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Yeah...I had the same issue way way way back with my Yahoo account..wouldn't receive mail from Eirsoft. It was an issue with Yahoo... god darn varmits. PM the man, it'll be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

to be honest, ive never heard bad things said about tony or eirsoft here...tony has stated several times in his thread about problems getting deliveries from china..in my opinion a pm would have been a better option than posting this on the open forum..

i understand its frustrating waiting on an order but a first time reader or buyer could view this thread and decide not to buy from eirsoft in turn damaging their business..tony always replies to his pm's so that would be a good option for contacting him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭mayotobo

i had to wait something like six weeks for a m4 before but that was sortof my fault for the first two weeks because i forgot to press the "return to eirsoft" link and caused the payment to be sent but the order was never entered into the system:(

that was sorted out though and the rest of the delay was understandable:)

however i can assure you that your in good hands and from my small experience with them they wouldnt screw you over:)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

mayotobo wrote: »
    i had to wait something like six weeks for a m4 before but that was sortof my fault for the first two weeks because i forgot to press the "return to eirsoft" link and caused the payment to be sent but the order was never entered into the system:(

that was sorted out though and the rest of the delay was understandable:)

however i can assure you that your in good hands and from my small experience with them they wouldnt screw you over:)

Yeah I really hope new people dont just read the first post and vew Eirsoft that way I havent had much to do with them but when I was in the shop they are all a great help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Not much chance of that I reckon, 290,000 odd views and over 500 pages on the Eirsoft thread, and pretty much nearly all of them positive........T your a legend.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

What gets me, and this is not airsoft specific, but retail in general, is this; Why do people waste time complaining on internet forums, when they can use that time more productively by either: a) calling to the retailers premises and outlining the problem in a calm and constructive way, b) picking up the phone and calling said retailer and outlining the issue in a calm and constructive way, or c) sending a calm and reasonable email. These are in order of effectiveness. Remember, if you give attitude, expect the same in return. Retailers, in general, are more than happy to deal with complaints, and if complaints are constructive they will result in better customer service (not just for you, but every other customer too).

To the OP, you are lucky that Shiva is a regular on these forums, as otherwise the only info you would have got is either others bad experiences (not even Eirsoft has a 100% happy customer list, not a single retailer on earth that has been in business more than a year has a 100% record), or word from the grapevine. Neither if those two info types would have helped you in any way.

I work in non airsoft retail myself, and it ticks me off to see complaints and retailer issues on forums, where they are useless. All they do is start a useless thread (which uses up server bandwidth on your fave forum). They fix nothing and either end up in a b!tching session or sometimes a fanboi war. Take the issue to the retailer direct, where it can be sorted. The retailer will thank you for it (unless you bring an attitude or have no issue in the first place).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I remember the call and i think it was also a case of you wanting to change your order of an M4A1 to an S-System if i remember correctly?
    You were offered a full refund and an apology for the long delay which was out of the control of eirsoft at the time.

As tony said too, the system showed you have been emailed and that the likely cause of you not recieving it would be down to spam filter settings.
    You might be able to adjust them or for future reference avoid yahoo accounts since its a known problem with them. :)

Advertisement